BX backhoe trailer hitch & dump trailer

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Two plates are bolted to the space above the bucket and a receiver welded to the outside plate for the hitch tube and ball.
Then the trailer can be positioned where needed and tongue LIFTED to dump the flat deck or utility box out. Note use a smaller ball then the hitch on the trailer to allow flexibility when lifting.

Attachments

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I get what you're trying to accomplish, but, I think that you may be putting an expensive piece of equipment (the bh) at considerable risk. Towing a loaded trailer from the bucket end of the bh will exert quite a bit of leverage against the bh joints, pins etc. I would think that the loader end would be better suited for lifting. :confused:

Anyway, I hope it works as you intended. You certainly have the fabrication skills.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I get what you're trying to accomplish, but, I think that you may be putting an expensive piece of equipment (the bh) at considerable risk. Towing a loaded trailer from the bucket end of the bh will exert quite a bit of leverage against the bh joints, pins etc. I would think that the loader end would be better suited for lifting. :confused:

Anyway, I hope it works as you intended. You certainly have the fabrication skills.
Concern is well founded, but I don't think the OP mentioned what size trailer he is dealing with.

Granted pulling and dumping a 10K rated trailer with a BX would not be recommended...but my guess is that the OP is dealing with a much smaller trailer, and should be OK.

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Little Orange here, yes the trailer is only 5k single axle and the purpose of the BH hitch is too only move trailer empty to a tight spot or to dump a load of horse manure, leaves etc. once pulled in by the truck. Not to do logging or any super heavy work.
Thanks for your concerns and will take it easy.

jabloomf1230

Equipment
B 3200
Sep 28, 2014
Voorheesville, NY
Ha! I did same thing recently for hauling trash when my truck was out of commission. I only pulled one those small utility Polar trailers made by Clam, though. I don't think I'd try pulling my regular single axle trailer. Too much strain on the backhoe.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you keep total weight <2200# and tongue(BH) weight <500, there shouldn't be any problems as those are the spec for my BX23S. I've hauled heavier loads with smaller garden tractors, on levelish yards...
I'll be making a version of that for Springtime as it'll save me the hassle of off,start rider,on,move railer, stop,off, back to KUB..... routine which wastes a LOT of time...