BX AUX hydraulic problems

Davemerq73

Equipment
FEL, Rear Blade, Box scraper
Dec 5, 2010
Becker, MN
I am having some control issues with the optional rear hydraulics on my BX2660. I have recently installed a Hydraulic top link:D, and am now having some control issues:eek:. I have used rear hydraulics on other attachments, but none that have gravity to help, or hinder the stroke. (all horizontally mounted)

When I Initially installed the cylinder (1.5x4" stroke) I filled the cylinder, and cycled it with no load, checked the resovour for fluid. There was no apparent issues. Later while using my 48" box blade (250-275lbs), the cylider would rapidly extend(more or less DROP!) when I would try to extend the top-link. The weight of the blade appears to pull the cylider open faster than the pump can fill it. I confirmed that the cylinder had air in it, (as i pushed on it, it acked like a shock absorber). I Cycled the cylider with no load, and the whole situation repeated itelf.

I have no significant evidence of leak by, and no apparednt leaks in the lines, or fittings. So, I am left with the tractors hydraulic system.

I am guessing that there is a return, or back pressure adjustment for the rear hydraulics. By raising this, or setting it properly the cylinder should not extend faster than the pump can fill the opposing cavity.

So:
How, and where do I adjust it?
Can it be adjusted? If so, to what pressure?
Should it be adjusted, or am I missing something? :confused:

I am heading out to the garage, so I may be answering my own questions, but I figured i would get some expert advice too;)

Davemerq73

Equipment
Dec 5, 2010
Becker, MN
I havn't found anything myself. Brought it to the dealer today. Hopefully a warrenty item. Dealer installed item, so they should stand by thier work...:rolleyes: I will post results...

Davemerq73

Equipment
Dec 5, 2010
Becker, MN
well, the dealer fixed the symptom, however I am not happy with the meathod. They installed a restriction device on the cylinder. This has helped the symptom, but with the engine at low speed, the toplink still pulls fluid faster than the pump puts out.

Dealer was also asked to fix a headlight, they replaced the bulb, and not the connection that I suggested. Headlight still does not work.:mad:

Is such a restriction device is installed in the valve assembly on other models? It would make sence to me....:confused: