BX 3 point operation and adjustment

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
My 2 cents here. Page 22 of my owner's book show the basics of this. Have to admit I bought the tractor thinking it was a real tractor with the usual three point that most of the tractors I have had. Of course my stops were out of adjustment and set too far in. Even with them adjusted, my grading is very difficult with the rear blade. So, if I see someone trying to decide about the B or BX, I relate my opinion.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
This was discussed in another thread, but I thought I would add it here. The BX does not have a 3 point float position. On a position control 3 point with the position control lever to the bottom the 3 point will follow the ground. On the BX you can only do this by holding the lever in the down position. A strap or locking device for the lever makes this a lot easier. There is no hydraulic flow to the three point in the down position, the cylinder is just opened to the reservoir, so the hydraulics for the rest of the tractor are not affected.

David Cockey

Nov 26, 2015
Rockport, Maine
The BX 3 point hitch can float up from what ever position it is in.

Hold the 3 pt lever down and the implement will drop until it is supported by the ground or the hitch is at the lower end of it's range. Let go of the lever and the implement can float up from that position.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
The BX 3 point hitch can float up from what ever position it is in.

Hold the 3 pt lever down and the implement will drop until it is supported by the ground or the hitch is at the lower end of it's range. Let go of the lever and the implement can float up from that position.
Yes, but it will not float down below the lowest point that it was lowered with the lever down. For example if you lower the 3 point to start grading with a grading scraper and allow the lever to return to the neutral position. While grading your front wheels go over a bump the 3 point will float up. When your rear wheels go over the bump the three point will only float back to the set level and grader will be lifted off the ground. The BX 3 point can only float down if the lever is held in the down position.

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
I just checked mine b7800 seem to only have one stop on the lift and when I brought the lever to it it just hummed adj. And it will adjust up a small amount if I hit and release, guess it is working

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
I always wondered what those 2 bolts were for. Mine are so out of adjustment they lever will never touch them. Will play with it a little when I get a chance.