BX 25 snowblower chute crank linkage pics???

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
does anyone have some photos of the linkage and mounts for changing chute direction. I bought a blower and linkage but no manual is with it. i haven't seen another BX 25 with a blower on it so don't know exactly where and how the brackets mount for the "steering" linkage for the blower chute.

bpgunsmith@catskill.net

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Brian, are you talking about the front mount BX2750 blower? If so, I can probaby help you out. I have one on a BX23, but the mounting for the hand crank bracket should be the same on the BX25. It mounts to the side of the joy stick. You remove two of the bolts that hold the cover on, place the bracket up against the cover and put the bolts back in. I can get you a pictue if needed. Let me know.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Brian, here's the pics I promised. If this is not what you are looking for, then let me know what pics you would like. I don't have the blower on the tractor right now, but this should get you going. You can see how the bracket bolts onto the joy stick valve assembly using two of the existing bolts. Then the telescoping rod goes down through the hole and into the bottom half of the rod that is attached to the blower. The two halves are then held together with a hair pin.
Oh, one other thing. On the BX22 and 23, the holes in the bracket where not spaced properly and I had to re-drill one of the holes. Hopefully, by the time they got to the BX24 or 25, they have that corrected.

Attachments

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
Thnaks but the BX 25 hydraulic control assembly is different. I appreciate the effort. I have a newer style piece the mechanic at my Kubota dealer gave me. When I am done I will psot a pic.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Yeah, I assumed you were talking about the manual chute control. I didn't realize you had the hyd. option. I would be interested in seeing some pics when you get it installed. Good luck.

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
No, wrong choice of words on my part. The chute control inst hydraulic. The part the dealer gave me mounts to the control lever for the FEL. It is a simple piece that the crank goes through.
I meant to say that your hydraulic control tower is different than a BX25. And that the support you show , while similar to what I got, can mount there where you have it because there is no support there.

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
Babyfat
that's the ticket. the mech at my dlr gave me the same. I will be installing tomorrow and trying out soon.
Thansk to all of you for your help.

Now, next year i want to go with a hydraulic unit. who has a plan or photos of one they made. source for parts to make up cheap???

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I have a factory hydraulic rotation with electric deflection on my BX 24 snowblower. As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures I'll post them for you.

It is great having a leaver or switch to operate.

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
I bought my unit used so don't have the manual. Waiting for one I ordered.

Just got it all hooked up today. I had to change the shaft on the quick hitch but other than that it went together fine. Of course i had to take off the grill guard.
who can look up and tell me RPM I should be running at when I blow snow?

183King

Equipment
Bx1500 w/ FEL, MMM and PTO Bagger
Jan 5, 2016
MA, USA
Here are a few pictures with the manual crank and 1 with a gear motor I attached for electrical chute rotation

JJ looks like a nice build I am looking to do the same thing hopefully before the winter is done. What did you wire into? I see that my BX1500 was prewired from the factory so that you had the option to buy an electric shoot rotator and an electric piston to control the angle of the chute. Did you wire directly into the factory harness or did you tap off of somewhere else?