BX 24 Hydraulics

david henson

Equipment
BX 24
Apr 22, 2011
spruce pine nc
I have read this forum for quite some time and I find it very useful however, today I have a problem that I hope someone can help with. I have an 08 BX24 with 132hrs on it and I have replaced the o-ring on the aluminum hyd hose that goes to the FEL 3 seperate times and it keeps leaking. I was told that the slot for the o-ring was machined out too big from the factory. The question I have is how do I get the hose out without having to disassemble the tractor?

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Have you been "fixing" the problen all allong? It should have been under warranty. At this point the dealer MAY be able to get it covered. But to answer your question no you don't have take your tractor apart to do it. It does take quite some time to do it though. My first course of action would be to contact your dealer.

david henson

Equipment
BX 24
Apr 22, 2011
spruce pine nc
I am sorry I didn't give enough detail in my previous post. The leak only started about 4 mos ago but has happened 3 seperate times and the warranty is expired. The leak is at the same o-ring everytime and as you probably know it is very hard to get to (under the battery). Kubota told me to replace the 1 leaking aluminum pipe and I should be fine,but There is no way to get the 1 pipe out without removing all of them and if I do they will all proably leak. it is the hose that goes to the bucket on the FEL.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I would ask the Service Mgr. at the Dealer for help from the Regional Mgr. and Kubota. It will sometimes take a bit of time. I know there is a service bulletin over this issue. You are correct all of the tubes need to be removed in order to replace them without tearing your tractor apart (at least that’s what my Service Department did).

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
If you do go it alone. Act like a surgeon and count the o-rings coming out and going in and verify your count to insure you get them all out and you don't try and put 2 in one place and none in the other. After you got it finished up check your hydro level and cycle the FEL quite a few times and re-check the level.

Anyways good luck on your repair, keep us updated ;)

david henson

Equipment
BX 24
Apr 22, 2011
spruce pine nc
I wonder if anyone on here has had to do this before and what are the chances that it won't leak again? I hate to use a tractor that I can't trust