BX 23S MMM cutting height control stuck

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Hopefully this is a simple newbie operator error issue, but I'm stumped and not too proud to ask before I break something!

Operating my post hole digger off the rear PTO, manual says to put MMM in "TOP" setting to lock it from dropping while using the PHD. Check, did that. MMM stayed up while punching holes.

Now back to attempting to mow. Cutting Height adjustment will not budge. Drop speed control knob to the right is in either mid or fast drop (open) position. Before using the PHD the MMM cutting height control was pretty stiff but did work.

Mower manual is little help, just says turn to select desired height. BX23S, 54" standard MMM, Land Pride PD-10 PHD if it matters.

Thanks in advance for the secret.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Your 3 point must be at the highest position before adjusting the height. If that doesn't work try running it up and down a few times, adjust with the engine off.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Once the mmm knob is set to "top", the only way to get it to move is raise the rear 3ph to it's highest point and then turn the mmm knob.

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Finally able to get the BX out of the garage after a long work week and one of the first pineapple express rain events of the season up here in the PNW. Yesterday was a gully washer!

Yup, simple. 3 point control was lowered to remove the PHD. Amazing how easy it was to set the MMM height control with the 3 point full up.

Thank you gentlemen! No mention of that little gem in the Kubota manuals. My sales guy may have covered it on the initial delivery walk around, but I was so smitten with my new toy it didn't sink in. :)

At work I operate very large, very complex and very expensive equipment. Every procedure is documented in exacting detail and repeatedly trained and checked. Guess I need to relax a little with this tractor.

Last edited: