BX 1870 Instrument panel moisture build up

jlemerson

New member

Equipment
1870 loader,mower. tiller
Jun 2, 2015
4
0
0
Bloomington, Indiana
Hello and Thanks for any input. I bought a used BX1870 (72 hours on it) a couple of months ago and LOVE it. Problem is that the instrument panel lens has been fogging up with moisture. Have others had this problem and if so how did you cope with it? My only other problem I have with this machine is I didn't buy it 10 years ago. :)
John
 

85Hokie

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
11,144
3,090
113
Bedford - VA
Hello and Thanks for any input. I bought a used BX1870 (72 hours on it) a couple of months ago and LOVE it. Problem is that the instrument panel lens has been fogging up with moisture. Have others had this problem and if so how did you cope with it? My only other problem I have with this machine is I didn't buy it 10 years ago. :)
John
John,

somewhere that tractor was left out in the rain and the condensation has set in, I wonder if it is possible to drill a rather small hole on the underside of the panel, maybe a 1/8" or so - obviously the stuff inside would be prone to get hit, take a 1/8 bit and break it - so that you can chuck up about 1/8 left out and drill a hole - or holes in a strategic place(s):)

then take your wifes hair dryer :eek:(ok - dont let her know you took it) and heat the face of the bezel - might want to use low heat and see if the droplets will dissipate and move out ......then wipe down all your finger prints from the hair dryer and place it back exactly where you found it !:D:D:)
 

jlemerson

New member

Equipment
1870 loader,mower. tiller
Jun 2, 2015
4
0
0
Bloomington, Indiana
John,

somewhere that tractor was left out in the rain and the condensation has set in, I wonder if it is possible to drill a rather small hole on the underside of the panel, maybe a 1/8" or so - obviously the stuff inside would be prone to get hit, take a 1/8 bit and break it - so that you can chuck up about 1/8 left out and drill a hole - or holes in a strategic place(s):)

then take your wifes hair dryer :eek:(ok - dont let her know you took it) and heat the face of the bezel - might want to use low heat and see if the droplets will dissipate and move out ......then wipe down all your finger prints from the hair dryer and place it back exactly where you found it !:D:D:)
When I bought the BX1870 it was garage kept. I have kept it in a shed every night since then. I guess I'll have to lighten up on the washing if that is what the results are. But I do like a clean machine. I thank you for your suggestion. Not sure at this point that I want to do the drill thing. If nothing else comes of this message then maybe I will be forced into it. Again thanks. John