Bx 1870-1 r4

Kubotafan

Oct 2, 2014
NC
I'm leaning towards purchasing a new 1870=1. I've noticed that I can't get R4's on it from the factory. Looking at the BX 70 brochure I got from my dealer it shows that the R1 Bar/AG tires are 26X12-12 which are the same size as the BX2370, BX2670 and BX25D. Can anyone verify this for me?:confused:

I'm planing on getting the FEL but most of my usage of the 1870 will be for mowing duties to replace my garden tractors I have. I'm worried that the AG's will tear my grass up when I'm mowing and the Turf tires won't be enough bite for when I'm doing FEL work. I've used AG's on my GT's for mowing without problems but they are allot lighter and 2WD. My dealer includes loading of the tires with the FEL package so that adds the the total weight of the BX. If I have to purchase aftermarket R4's (if any are available I've not checked into that yet) I might as well upgrade the the BX2370 and that seems like a bit of over kill on my 1 acre land. Besides mowing duties I will be using my moldboard plow and purchasing a Cat 1 tiller to maintain my garden plot. I also plow and till 4 gardens in my neighborhood so I will be doing plenty of ground engagement work with my BX.

Thank you for your help.

dmbe

Jan 29, 2015
Altoona, pa
I have a 1870 I purchased last year with a FEL and snowblower. It has the turf tires and I have plenty of traction especially with the locking diff. A neighbor has a similar size green thing with the bar tires and he has to be careful mowing when the ground is a little soft or it tears up the grass. Going to depend on how rough your gardens are. I also had beet juice added to the rear tires for weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kubotafan

Oct 2, 2014
NC
I have a 1870 I purchased last year with a FEL and snowblower. It has the turf tires and I have plenty of traction especially with the locking diff. A neighbor has a similar size green thing with the bar tires and he has to be careful mowing when the ground is a little soft or it tears up the grass. Going to depend on how rough your gardens are. I also had beet juice added to the rear tires for weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply.

I've called my dealer to find out what size the R1 AG are but they haven't sold any AG tires on a BX18XX in over 3 years. All of the BX18XX have been for mowing without any FEL sales. I called Kubota corp. offices and they kept telling me I had to talk to my dealer. My dealer is going to call his rep. and see what he can find out. We have allot of red clay here and I know it's going to load up the turf tires. Locking diff might not be enough.:(