Buying New L4600

steve104c

Equipment
L4600,loader,backhoe w/hydro-thumb, rear blade
Jan 21, 2014
Texas
Ordered my new L4600w/loader,backhoe w/hydro.thumb and a rear 6' blade. Didn't have to put any money down. The backhoe has to come from Fort Worth. Should be in today and installed. Now, my wife has checked all the prices on the quote and found that all the prices are full suggested retail price. When I go to pay, is it going to be a problem to demand a 10% discount without the salesman getting upset. We are excited about getting the tractor but don't want to get on the bad side of the salesman. Should I just do it and see what happens?.............Steve.

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
L3800DT/FEL/BH77 and others
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
if you signed a contract you may be on the hook for the full amount. If you were going to ask I would ask now. there are several considerations for cost with tractor purchases... including freight and assembly fees. You may consider asking for additional accoutrements such as a canopy/front and rear work lights, rear tire ballast, a deal on remotes/3rd function front loader valve/top n tilt/etc...

Good luck. You'll enjoy your purchase either way.

IDK

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Depends, if you agreed on a price and made a commitment it's probably too late to negotiate further. I get a set price before making a commitment. I recently bought a new car that my dealer had to hunt down, but I made it clear I was making no commitment to buy or on price until I looked t and test drove it.

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Ordered my new L4600w/loader,backhoe w/hydro.thumb and a rear 6' blade. Didn't have to put any money down. The backhoe has to come from Fort Worth. Should be in today and installed. Now, my wife has checked all the prices on the quote and found that all the prices are full suggested retail price. When I go to pay, is it going to be a problem to demand a 10% discount without the salesman getting upset. We are excited about getting the tractor but don't want to get on the bad side of the salesman. Should I just do it and see what happens?.............Steve.
You have nothing to lose by asking. The salesman hears it everyday. It is your job to get the best price for you and their job to get the price for the company. I try to be persistently polite, but not afraid to ask.