Buying a new skid steer

Fat Tony

Equipment
Grand L6060, L4474 snow blower, ZD331 zero turn mower,RTV1120, KX91-3
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
Hi, I was looking for a new skid steer and was looking at the ssv75 and the bobcat s740, the ssv75 has every option except a radio and high flow- the bobcat had similar- I am partial to Orange- but originally had a 763g high flow, the ssv75 has 26 hours on it because it was demo model for a construction company the guy brought it back after trying it out and bought the svl75- the price I got on the s740 was 55,000 and the price for the ssv75 was discounted to 47,000 before tax and with a payment deferment of at least 3 months with 0 interest and was sold as a 2020 year machine with full warranty etc. . I like the engineering on the ssv75 over the s740 although the lifting and tipping specs are higher on the s740. I went for the Kubota- I hope I did not make a mistake. I would appreciate any advice or input please. Thanks Chris

Aegis

Equipment
SSV75
Aug 10, 2019
CD'A Idaho
I have a 19 model SSV75 and am quite happy with this machine. Mine has high flow. The zero percent finance makes it a no brainer as far as I am concerned. I did find that in winter with only one set of snow chains it got around fairly well but plan on another set for the front next winter.. Thinking about a blower and grapple in the future. I have standard bucket and 8ft blade so far.

Fat Tony

Equipment
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
Hi, did you get it with a cab, was the hyflow alot more money? since you've had it for a while is there anything I should know (maybe something you don't like about it .etc) I only found that the 2 speed doesn't work until the hydraulic oil reaches a certain temp. I just hope I did not pay to much for this and that the guy who demode it did not beat the hell out of it.

Aegis

Equipment
SSV75
Aug 10, 2019
CD'A Idaho
The two speed does take about 10 minutes to warm up before it will shift to rabbit.. It takes longer the colder it I noticed the slow shift with temps in mid 20's or colder.. The block heater will help. I looked at the 65 & 75 and for the money and price difference I decided to go with the 75. The high flow was not that much more, 1500 2K as I recall.. I think all the implements will work fine with low flow. I have the fully enclosed cab with air and heat..

Fat Tony

Equipment
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
My wife is really angry with me because I have a spending problem (love to buy tools etc.) I told her that if she can find some body to do the work that is needed in the time frame we need to get it done and at a reasonable price I would return the machine- well she could not so I still have the machine. If you can afford one they are giving great loan rates out there with differed payments.

Fat Tony

Equipment
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
Thanks for the reply- I have not been in the office for about a week or so- my wife relocated her job to my office at my repair shop. I just bought OTT ruber tracks for the machine- I have a couple of acres that is a little muddy and I was told I would need them. I will let you know how that turns out.

Aegis

Equipment
SSV75
Aug 10, 2019
CD'A Idaho
My wife is really angry with me because I have a spending problem (love to buy tools etc.) I told her that if she can find some body to do the work that is needed in the time frame we need to get it done and at a reasonable price I would return the machine- well she could not so I still have the machine. If you can afford one they are giving great loan rates out there with differed payments.
My SSV75 great deal on machine and 0% No brainer... Now on lookout for more implements.. I'm renting a landscape rake next week.. BTW I just bought a Midsota grapple.