Buying a new loader for my BX- 2370 vs 2380?

Series9

Equipment
BX2380, L2501
Feb 8, 2018
DeLand, FL, USA
My first Kubota was a 2013 BX2360. I got a great deal, added a loader and was pretty happy.

When the BX2380 came out, it looked to me like it had some nice upgrades, so I sold the 2360 and got a brand new 2380.

I was not as happy with the 2380. They made the loader so easy to remove, that it wasn't tight doing work. I mean, it moves around quite a bit on its mounts, and wastes energy doing so.

As a result, I got rid of the 2380 and upgraded to an L2501 that has a loader that's firmly mounted, like my previous BX2360.

Take that advice from someone with first-hand experience and for what it's worth.

The BX2370 loader and BX2380 loader are not the same and don't mount the same way. I've owned both.

Last edited:

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Yes ive heard of several people having minor leakage issues with the manifold coupler. If it were me, id still probably chance it being that manifold setup is the cats meow!

You could however just get the standard pioneer setup and exchange them out with individual flat face couples. Thats what i did on my b2650. They are far superior to the pioneer couples.

Flat face couplers are where it’s at, they are proven and much easier to work with than pioneer couplers. Plus virtually no mess.

I’d have to agree with you, the dealer is installing the pioneer couplers for me at the dealer with the new LA3 series loader but eventually I will be swapping them with the flat face couplers. I believe that would give me a great combination between solid reliability and clean/easy attachment and detachment of the loader and hydrolics.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know (as I said I would) how things went with the LA340 loader install on my BX2370.

I took the tractor up to the dealer Saturday, the dealer I went to was amazing, the minute I got there 5 guys jumped right at my tractor and went straight to work! They told me it was gonna be at least 2-2.5 hours until it would be ready and man was I excited.

The week prior I had also called and ordered a block heater, a leveling bar for the new loader (because the stock leveler sticker on the bucket is horrible IMO), shims for the hydrolic relief valve (to increase/ maintain proper loader pressure down the road), a bx2380 rubber floor matt, and a PTO cover (mine was missing).

About 1.5 hours later they called me and told me it was all set! The head guy in charge told me not only did he install my loader but he also installed my leveling bar kit, my block heater, and he also loaded my rear tires all for free! They even washed my entire tractor for me so that my tractor looked nice and matched the brand new loader!

This was the best dealer experience of my life. The guys treated me like family and were very good to me. All in all I spent $3700 (tax exempt) for the loader, all the parts I ordered with it, loaded rear tires with beet juice, Labor for the install, and labor to change over the LA340 1 lever quick coupler to standard couplers. (In my opinion this was a whopping deal).

This LA340 loader works fantastic on my 2370, I can attach and detach the loader and skid steer bucket mount with EASE and it was really a cool thing to see when it was all done. All the service guys were standing around it and were impressed that it worked out as well as it did (I think most of them didn’t think it was gonna be possible). The head guy in charge said out loud “well at least we all know it works now!”

I couldn’t be more happier with my buying experience and my purchase.

Also if it wasn’t for you guys on this forum idk if I would have ever been able to do this because you guys helped Re-Assure me that the LA340 loader WOULD infact fit.. and if it wasn’t for that Re-assurence I may have not even gone through the work of trying to convince the dealer to do this. Lol

Thanks again for everyone involved. I hope this helps other people down the road who have older series BX’s and who are looking to buy a new QA- loader for their older machine.

PS. I installed the bx2380 rubber floor Mat last night and WOW is it an eye catcher... it really completes the look of my tractor and other than the loader valve, my 2370 looks just like a 2380!

I’ll post pics later if I can figure out how to do it from my phone.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Sounds like it worked out great! Thanks for the update!

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Here is finally some pictures I promised of my 2013 Kubota 2370 with a brand new LA340 loader, Kubota loader leveler bar, and a bx 2380 floor mat. In most of those pictures you can see it sitting next to my fathers 2016 John Deere 1023E :)

Attachments