buying 3 pt logsplitter

jim45

Equipment
l2800 fel
Jan 22, 2011
eastern ohio
Planning to buy County Line log splitter from TSC and hook it up thru my fel, will I be able to idle tractor to run this or just bump the rpm up a little . Oh, i am using a L2800

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Tough getting answers on here
Hm, you waited half a day and was not happy that "the forum" react not as fast as google? Strange culture.
We are all real people and not everybody has an idea about that equipment you mentioned.
Please be patient, we are all old guy's and don't move fast... ;)

carl

jim45

Equipment
l2800 fel
Jan 22, 2011
eastern ohio
Hm, you waited half a day and was not happy that "the forum" react not as fast as google? Strange culture.
We are all real people and not everybody has an idea about that equipment you mentioned.
Please be patient, we are all old guy's and don't move fast... ;)

carl
Thanks for your helpful reply.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think you might want to add if the log spliter is useing the tractor hydrolic or does it have its own pump powered from the PTO,, I was told my little BX didnt have enough volume from the tractor pump to run a log spliter,,, So how ya gona run it???

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Most splitters use their own pump, because you need at least 10+ gpm. otherwise you are waisting your time. And splitting one log per minute is very boring. Have you calculated the volume the log splitter need's for both way's? Remember that the 6,8 gpm are at the point with the most power (high rpm), if you want to use 1400 rpm than 2800, you only have 3,4 gpm.

carl

Last edited:

jim45

Equipment
l2800 fel
Jan 22, 2011
eastern ohio
Thanks Cabu , thats my dilemma and why I'm on the fence about purchasing one, pto pump is around 400 bucks,splitter at 700, might as well get a regular gas engine log splitter. I don't want my tractor sitting there on high idle to split wood.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...I don't want my tractor sitting there on high idle to split wood.
But that is exactly what most people do! Or you only use a part of the power of the traktor and get a pump with a higher volume-flow and use only a part of the rpm's.
It should be the same, tractor-power and oil-flow-pressure-power.

Power(KWh)=Pressure(pascal)xFlow(m³/s)
or
Horsepower = Pressure (PSIG) × Flow (GPM)/ 1714

have fun

carl