Bush hog vibration

Rigger Dave

Equipment
L3301
Nov 11, 2016
Camden, NC
I have a land pride 5' bush hog with about 15 hours on it now. Got a couple of dents in the blade. It has developed a small low frequency vibration. I only really notice it while the tractor is not moving. Question is how much is too much? I really don't think it's anything but just wanted some opinions.

Dave

spacemanspiff

Equipment
M5-111
Dec 4, 2015
Lower ,AL
I get a vibration from time to time. I will quickly hit the throttle a few times and it moves the blades or something and stops the vibration.

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I have a land pride 5' bush hog with about 15 hours on it now. Got a couple of dents in the blade. It has developed a small low frequency vibration. I only really notice it while the tractor is not moving. Question is how much is too much? I really don't think it's anything but just wanted some opinions.

Dave
As spaceman said, some small vibration is normal.

What I found with my LP cutter when checking out some vibration not long after I got mine was that the bolts holding the gearbox were loose. Since I tightened them back up, they have not come loose since.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho

Dave
Is the vibration continuous? If so, check the u-joints and make sure that the angle of the pto shaft relative to the horizontal is not excessive. Dings in the blades could unbalance them and also cause the problem. Does the vibration follow the blade speed?

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
With my 5' LP rotary cutter, being new, I found if I rev up the RPMs too quickly after engaging the PTO I would get a vibration... I think the blades would fold back on the stump jumper and stay there until something jarred them loose. Now, I increase RPMs slowly and I don't seem to have that problem. Runs nice a smooth.

Ted

bherron1

May 7, 2017
Clarks Hill SC USA
I have bad vibration on a brand new 4ft land pride, asked the dealer about it and he says to engage pto then stop pto and engage again. Some times it takes three or four times but it seems start with out vibration on about the third try. I have no idea but I'm taking off the plastic guard around the pto shaft and see if that helps and check all the bolts to see if they are all tight.

Rigger Dave

Equipment
L3301
Nov 11, 2016
Camden, NC
Its really just a small vibration. Mostly I notice it when the tractor is not moving. When mowing it not really noticeable.

Thanks for all the input.

Dave

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
some minor vibration is probably normal. When mine gets worse its always because one blade is stuck partially folded. I usually have to stop and elevate the deck and free it up.