Burn the mortgage!!!!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
April 12, 2013, I took delivery of my BX2360 with FEL, MMM, snowblower.

The 0%/60 month financing, and the fact the dealer would take my JD 425 and attachments in trade helped grease the skids.

2 years and 2 weeks later, we can burn the "mortgage."

Been a great time so far, and it helped me meet the great bunch of guys on OTT!!

Just some pics from the last 2 years....

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It is.:D:D:D

The only thing that pisses me off is that I immediately got a call from KTEC Insurance. Coverage cancels upon early pay-off. WTF :confused::confused:

The way I see it is that I paid 60 months worth of coverage in 24, so why should it cancel??? :confused:

Of course, I haven't read the contracts....I'm sure the devil is in the details....:rolleyes:

I know its covered by my Homeowner's, but it still sticks in my craw.:mad:

Again, I got to meet you guys - Priceless!!:cool:

Last edited:

Drewdaman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4950DT with FEL, L200 with rototiller, RTV900 with winch
Apr 3, 2015
Descanso, CA

The only thing that pisses me off is that I immediately got a call from KTEC Insurance. Coverage cancels upon early pay-off. :
I agree, that's annoying - and for others in that situation, do you think it would be possible to pay off almost all of the balance, but leave a token amount, say $100.00, so the coverage wouldn't be cancelled?

EDIT: Nice pics, by the way, it's clear you're having a ton of fun with that machine!

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA

The only thing that pisses me off is that I immediately got a call from KTEC Insurance. Coverage cancels upon early pay-off. WTF :confused::confused:

The way I see it is that I paid 60 months worth of coverage in 24, so why should it cancel??? :confused:

Of course, I haven't read the contracts....I'm sure the devil is in the details....:rolleyes:

Yep... I bought the extra insurance, and after I read over everthing better (at home) I realized it was only good while "Paying" on the loan. Kind of shitty since you pay a fixed price for it. But, because of that... and the 0%... I tald the wife, there was no reason to pay it off early. I figure any extra $$$ in the budget can pay off something that I pay a finance charge on.

Regardless.... congrats on the pay-off.

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
If you paid off early, you may be getting a partial refund on the cost of that insurance.

Last edited:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi

When I bought my tractor I was going to go with my homeowners insurance and not take the Kubota Insurance, but I found out the homeowners insurance only covers on my property. The Kubota Insurance covers everywhere and ended up being the same cost. Some of my snow blowing and road grading is on a right-of-way and shared private road. I had my agent ask the specific question and it would not cover. When the Kubota Insurance runs out I will have to decide on additional insurance or take the risk. Pretty low risk in winter I never saw a vehicle while removing snow. Slightly higher risk when grading, more vehicles and higher speeds. I am not sure how Michigan's no fault applies to an unlicensed tractor, but I may have to find out.
No idea how all this might effect you in New York or if you ever get off your property.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Grouse Feathers;140522this might effect you in New York or if you ever get off your property.[/QUOTE said:
I used to mow an abandoned lawn nearby - something to think about.....

jtausch

Equipment
L3901/bcr1290 brush hog box blade
Apr 10, 2015
oklahoma city oklahoma

here is their sitewww.ktacinsuranceagency.com,
from their faq section quote.....
Q- What happens if I pay off my contract with Kubota Credit Corporation, U.S.A early?

Your insurance through KTAC Insurance Agency will cancel at the time of pay off and the unused portion is applied to your current balance. You can choose to purchase a new policy at this time by contacting a representative at 800-348-5802.

3. If you have Kubota equipment not currently financed through Kubota Credit Corporation, U.S.A., we have an annual policy available for you.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
here is their sitewww.ktacinsuranceagency.com,
from their faq section quote.....
Q- What happens if I pay off my contract with Kubota Credit Corporation, U.S.A early?

Your insurance through KTAC Insurance Agency will cancel at the time of pay off and the unused portion is applied to your current balance. You can choose to purchase a new policy at this time by contacting a representative at 800-348-5802.

3. If you have Kubota equipment not currently financed through Kubota Credit Corporation, U.S.A., we have an annual policy available for you.
Honestly, I just sent in multiple coupons per month until they were gone. So maybe I will get a refund for the remaining, like Paul said. :D

I thought about the off-site thing, and think I'll chance it. I didn't have to mow the vacant place up the road the 2nd half of last season. ;)

Last edited: