Bucket receiver design

stano

Apr 17, 2015
Ontario
Built a new receiver for my bucket today that may interest somebody. Very easy to build and works very well. 18" Reese receiver blank came from Summit racing, and I used a couple of pieces of 3/16" plate and a piece of tubing I had laying around. Receiver goes on with one pin and no tools. Used it to move a 30' boat on the trailer with ease. I obviously bought the wrong colour paint which I suppose this coat becomes primer, lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Looks great - dumb question on my part, do you think dirt and what not will get impacted in the middle connector? is the hole there a little larger than the pin to allow it to go in easily?

stano

Apr 17, 2015
Ontario
I suspect that there will be some dirt that occasionally doesn't just fall out. It's a compromise on my part to have the receiver connected to the back of the bucket. Its set up fairly loose so hopefully not a big issue. I use my tractor in primarily sand and snow so that will help also.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I also think it looks good. Having something welded in bucket is not my preference, but to each his own, right? The one i preferred was on top of bucket. Could see ball go into coupler from seat. Was offset so had to be careful to not lift heavy trailers.

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Built something similar for my 2012 B2320. Works great for lifting & moving my boat/launching. Bottom receivers are for my version of bucket forks. They can mount inside or below bucket, use electric impact to install/remove. Not the best setup but it works. Going to fabricate a 3 pt. attachment to use the same forks.

Attachments

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
I use a unit that goes on the quick attach of the loader. With the bucket removed and the receiver/ball on one side I can see it from the seat. When putting trailers into the pole shed it can be placed on either side of the loader to give more clearance for the tractor from the wall.

Attachments

aeronutt

Equipment
Z725 Mower, MX5200 w/FEL, Stihl 660, assorted others...
Jan 7, 2016
Omaha NE
I see several really good ideas in this thread. Thanks for the ideas!

I'm going to copy Greenhead's design for my Bobcat. I love the seriously simple design that has the hitch offset and no bucket in the way. I guess I've always assumed that a hitch had to be in the middle, but this is much easier to fabricate with far less metal required.

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
I see several really good ideas in this thread. Thanks for the ideas!

I'm going to copy Greenhead's design for my Bobcat. I love the seriously simple design that has the hitch offset and no bucket in the way. I guess I've always assumed that a hitch had to be in the middle, but this is much easier to fabricate with far less metal required.
Let me know if you want more details. I'll be out to the farm next Saturday.

Attachments

Ugly

Equipment
BX22 with Fel and grapple,deck,front blower,backhoe, push blade, sweeper, plow
Dec 28, 2015
Elysian, MN
Greenhead, very nice idea and work that you did on the quicktach hitch! Excellent!