Bucket hooks bolt on vs weld on

Broaddus

May 22, 2016
Oregon
hi everyone,
I'm wanting to get chain hooks for my bucket but not sure wether to get bolt on or weld on hooks. Any pros/ cons for them?

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
I had the same question back in the winter. I ended up going with Ken's bolt on hooks because the look is nice and clean after install. My dealer offered to weld some on for me if I wanted for 60$

And it only took the time of 1 beer to install. Including reading the instructions [emoji12]

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I vote for Kenny's bolt on, I have 2 welded on by the dealer but will still add a couple volt on's. Need one on the backhoe bucket just need to figure out what I need then send $$

Broaddus

May 22, 2016
Oregon
OH hey Kenny didn't see your name at first I have a 2016 L3901. I have the skid steer quick disconnect bucket I believe it's the 60" one but can check in the morning.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
OH hey Kenny didn't see your name at first I have a 2016 L3901. I have the skid steer quick disconnect bucket I believe it's the 60" one but can check in the morning.
Well then you too can have a bucket that looks like this :D

Welding is a great option too, but as stated above you have to grind that nice new paint off to do it.

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Yup, agree. Kenny's Bolt on Hooks. Got them on my bucket and have used for a few things already. May get more so have better versatility. You may want to get the drill bit also if you do not have one.