Bucket Forks

KaptainKilo

Equipment
M4-071 Deluxe
May 23, 2022
Oklahoma
I have the M4 with loader, but could use some forks to raise tower blinds up onto the stands. I've seen bolt ons, but don't really want to go crazy since that's pretty much the only use (now) that I have for them, but what do you guys recommend?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day. In general for lifting stuff overhead I would not use clamp/bolt on…too much opportunity for a mis set IMO.

I have not had the pleasure to have ever operated an M4 (I hope to change that eventually 😉) but I have lifted or shall we say tipped several blinds with a B and forks and readjusted later with an MX and forks. I have always been plagued by reach height and size of machine vs my desire to sit 20’ or more above the ground…and My little machines won’t reach that high. For my next stand I will build the base and the tower(blind) in separate modules with the intention to have it easier to move (I’ll set the blind on the base with my MX vs tipping…tipping just takes too much room up in a wooded area…IMO). Regarding the use of forks my MX has really poor visibility from the tires blocking the end of the forks from my view….so depending on your visibility I’d be thinking about length of the tines…I am not sure with a big M4 visibility is better or not? My machines are much smaller than your but I have artillian and landpride forks. Artillian are better engineered and much better quality of weld (but they are for much smaller machines I think based on weight rating) however I really like my land pride forks too…they are much more robust…depending on your uses is also recommend you get something with a guard on the back…things can fall and dent your hood…my artillian didnt (they were available but I was cheap and later found out their necessity) have a guard and I’ve dented a hood. I got the guard with the LP forks. A machine your size and you can probably have much more selection of stuff for a track / skid steer. I am not sure it helps or not but here is page from LP product guide and you can see what they have available…or it least they did before world went crazy.

Attachments

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
I would try to find a used set of regular forks if you have Ssqa/quicktach system
You will find more uses for them…
Never been fan of bolt on… my $.02

Fladogman

Feb 1, 2020
Crawfordville Fl
I've got a set of the clamp on forks, they're ok for light stuff that won't shift. They have a lot of flex due to the bucket lip flexing so if you want them secure you have to strap them to the top of the bucket. Probably the only nice thing about them is they're easy to carry as extra implements. I don't use forks much so I've made due since they came with the tractor. I'd rather have real forks. I don't recommend them for larger tractors.

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
On the other hand, I think clamp on forks are somewhat better suited to larger tractors than smaller ones because larger tractors are more likely to have strong enough bucket bottoms, and not be as hampered by the loss of lift capacity from holding the load further out in front.

Not saying all the bad things about them aren't still bad.. but perhaps less so for larger machines.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have the M4 with loader, but could use some forks to raise tower blinds up onto the stands. I've seen bolt ons, but don't really want to go crazy since that's pretty much the only use (now) that I have for them, but what do you guys recommend?
Bolt on forks a are a cheap, and a bad idea.
I bought them long ago, then bought a set of real forks.

rickcopes

Equipment
B2601 with Loader, Backhoe, and 54" mower Deck
Mar 29, 2019
Blanchard, Louisiana
Had both. Bolt-on's one were first, as they were cheaper! Worked well, though they are more of a pain to attach and align than you would think.

That said, If you go to bolt-on, be sure to get them with the crossbar. The last thing you want is one fork vibrating loose, sliding to an angle, and suddenly having what you are carrying fall out. Scary

Much prefer the real set. With them, you can see where you are putting the ends of the forks. With the bolt-ons, you can't see through the bucket. It gets frustrating trying to work around that.

KaptainKilo

Equipment
M4-071 Deluxe
May 23, 2022
Oklahoma
Since I can't find real prices online for any landpride stuff, anyone have ballpark of what they cost? Just put your prices online, dealers! ;)

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
When buying don’t buy 4800 lb rated forks if you loader will only lift 1000 lbs
Save some $$ that way. I just got a set made by tomahawk 42” rated for like 1400 lbs, loader rated for 1000 for $850 new. Check marketplace

WoodKutter

Equipment
L4600 John Deere 750, John Deere 420
Apr 15, 2022
Vermont and Northern Maine
When buying don’t buy 4800 lb rated forks if you loader will only lift 1000 lbs
Save some $$ that way. I just got a set made by tomahawk 42” rated for like 1400 lbs, loader rated for 1000 for $850 new. Check marketplace
What's your loader capable of lifting 6 or 12 inches off the ground? Don't go to light!

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
It’s a LA534 and lift capacity is about 1200lbs at the pins….I was off a little

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
What they mean is that the stated rating is 'to full height'. Loaders can often lift susbstantially more than that to a lower height. For example I have a bf300 loader which will lift ~700lbs to full height. I've lifted ~1100 lbs about 3-4 ft high with it. It might lift ~1300+ lbs a few inches off the ground. You can see where you might end up underestimating the force your loader can put into the forks.

Last edited:

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
I bought the VEVOR clamp on for my BX2680, mainly for hauling brush. Paid about $150 delivered. Been very happy for my current needs. They are rated at 1500# which is more than the BX can lift. They come with the crossbar, which I actually haven’t used yet.