Bucket float control on an L35

LT1Pat

Apr 7, 2011
Lake Orion, MI
I just bought an L35 tractor with a TL720 loader and the valve seems to have a minor problem. When you push up on the loader the difference between down pressure and float is so small that it's hard to get it to go down instead of float down. The other problem I have is that the float doesn't stay in place and I have to hold it up. The linkages all seem to be a bit loose so maybe it's as simple as fixing the linkages with new metal pieces? Everything works but it's a bit frustrating when you're trying to give the loader some down pressure against the ground and you have to try a few times to get that sweet spot on the loader valve.

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
You've got the solution figured out ---- or at least the first logical step --- get the play out of the linkage first. I was able to weld some washers onto the linkage brackets to clean up the linkage holes that had been worn oblong. Made a huge diff -------------

LT1Pat

Apr 7, 2011
Lake Orion, MI
Great idea, I was going to machine new ones but that sounds easier.

You've got the solution figured out ---- or at least the first logical step --- get the play out of the linkage first. I was able to weld some washers onto the linkage brackets to clean up the linkage holes that had been worn oblong. Made a huge diff -------------