Bucket curl dump on LA535/LX3310?

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
When I push the loader control stick to the right, there is clearly a detent and a second position just like there is going forward (to engage float mode), but the bucket lowers at the same speed in either first or second position.

Does anyone know if it *should* act as a rapid dump? And if so, what might be preventing mine from doing so?

Only about 60 hours on a 2yo machine. It's always been this way, did not ever rapid dump.

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
Push to the right up to the detent = fast dump, non-powered
Push to the right past the detent = slow dump, powered

Reactions: 1 user

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
now I'm wondering if the dump speed in position R1 is limited by an orifice in the valve which could be enlarged...

I probably won't bother because getting into the guts of that valve is probably quite involved, but when I'm moving snow I would sure like that bucket to dump faster.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
now I'm wondering if the dump speed in position R1 is limited by an orifice in the valve which could be enlarged...

I probably won't bother because getting into the guts of that valve is probably quite involved, but when I'm moving snow I would sure like that bucket to dump faster.
There are no orifices in the valve. Spools have annular glands ground into them. Dont try to modify them - the outcome will be bad.

Fast dump is achieved by simultaneously connecting the base and rod end ports to pump. That process is called regeneration.

Have you actually timed a full stop to stop dump in positions R1 and R2? Set engine speed to about 2K and break out the stopwatch. R1 should be about 30% faster.

Dan

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
There are no orifices in the valve. Spools have annular glands ground into them. Dont try to modify them - the outcome will be bad.

Fast dump is achieved by simultaneously connecting the base and rod end ports to pump. That process is called regeneration.

Have you actually timed a full stop to stop dump in positions R1 and R2? Set engine speed to about 2K and break out the stopwatch. R1 should be about 30% faster.

Dan
Thank you. This is my first machine with hydraulics, lots to learn.

Reactions: 1 user