BT820 Backhoe Quick Attach Bucket Ears

kenrevo

Equipment
B9200
Oct 28, 2019
MA
I'm looking to modify a pin-on ripper for the BL4690b to the quick attach coupler on the BT820. I've looked all over the internet and can't find any for this, except the one's from Kubota (Wholesale Kit #BT1977) which are expensive and need extensive modification to get them to match up to the ripper.

I reach out to BXpanded and see if they were interested in making an entire ripper but they weren't. I planning on talking to a couple local sheet metal and machine shops but not sure about the exact dimensions and tolerances. Before that reach out to a shop does anyone know of a place that makes them?

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I have a BroTek ripper w/trenching attachment I would sell. Used it once on my BX25d to bring power to my garage…what’s a fair price? Shipping might be a bear though.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
maybe I'm missing something but... if you have a QA bucket on the backhoe, could not drop it and the ripper off at the machine shop and have them adapt/modify the ripper to connect like the bucket does ?f

kenrevo

Equipment
B9200
Oct 28, 2019
MA
I have a BroTek ripper w/trenching attachment I would sell. Used it once on my BX25d to bring power to my garage…what’s a fair price? Shipping might be a bear though.
Thanks but I already have a ripper, just looking to modify it to the quick attach.

maybe I'm missing something but... if you have a QA bucket on the backhoe, could not drop it and the ripper off at the machine shop and have them adapt/modify the ripper to connect like the bucket does ?f
That is what I'm probably going to do but all the shops around me are expensive and have long lead times. Before I go that route that I am checking to see if anyone knows any sources for the ears as I can to the rest of the fabrication and welding.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks but I already have a ripper, just looking to modify it to the quick attach.

That is what I'm probably going to do but all the shops around me are expensive and have long lead times. Before I go that route that I am checking to see if anyone knows any sources for the ears as I can to the rest of the fabrication and welding.
E-Bay seems to have a lot of different sets of new BH bucket ears listed for sale.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire

No problem!

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
I got ones from on-line Walmart for my L47 they were the best deal, 1st set I bought like $40, when I saw how good of a deal it was, I ordered 2 more sets but the seller canceled my order and increased it to $50 a set, still a great deal so I got them. Used a plasma cutter to take off the pin ears of a cheaper 24" bucket and arch welded on the new ears, had to use a angle grinder to customize it to fit better but worked great, now I have 2 extra sets waiting for my next deal.