Brought home a 2001 ZD21 today

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I was hunting for a diesel motor for a generator project, when I came across a craigslist add for a 21hp kubota 3cyl motor with less than 1000 hours for $500. Accessories included an entire zero turn mower and spare set of turf tires.

Turns out the left hydro lost reverse due to the common issue with these mowers of mowing on a hill. Still, everything else worked, including forward on the left hydro. I took it for a brief spin to test functionality of everything. Mowed beautifully, even if it was my first time on a zero turn.

I'd been wanting a zero turn for a while, but $$$$ even for the gassers, unless it was a beat up pile of crap. My 3pt finish mower is a pain backing up, and my crappy craftsman LT1000 is on it's last leg. I couldn't bring myself to scrap a perfectly good mower just for the motor, so I've decided to rebuild the hydro.

Zero deck rust on the 60" deck. Was well kept. R4 tires that I love. Lots of new parts. I'm pretty excited.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Looks like a steal to me, hope it turns out that way without too much expense to fix the hydro/s.