Brand Hydraulic Fluid

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
I had a leak in my hydraulic system and my dealer told me to use only Kubota fluid. Only problem is, he is over 30 miles one-way and I don't want to run that far for something that I think isn't necessary.

My question... what do you all use in your Kubota and why?

Thanks a bunch!

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
I only use Kubota products because that's what the manuals say and I watched the Messicks video on Kubota filters vs other brands. I don't mind running the risk of playing the sucker; my tractor is the nicest thing I own and will likely/hopefully remain so for a long time. I'll burn a couple bucks here and there for peace of mind and adherence to warranty recommendation/stipulation unless convinced a different product is superior. Then I'll likely use THAT.

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Only kubota Sudt 2. You can also order from messicks. I had to drive to my closest dealer for some hyd fluid, 52 miles. But I didn't really mind, I can look at all the nice equipment.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Okay, Kubota it is! Thanks everyone. I'd rather have peace of mind knowing my Kubota has the proper fluid and everything else, than to go cheap and pay big in the long run.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
In as much as both of my Kubota's take 52 and 54 quarts respectively, I use Chevron Synthetic All Weather THF or Shell Rotella hydraulic fluid, both are Kubota SUDT compatible and the Chevron is orange so you can see it on the dipstick. My dealer also uses Chevron, in fact we both get it from the same jobber.

I change my hydraulic fluid every 2 years no matter what. I use my tractors for farming so they get used hard. I do use Kubota filters however.