Box blade recommendation for BX

TRUCK3

May 5, 2022
Upstate NY
Good evening - topic has probably been covered before, but a search didn't turn up that much. I'm looking for a BB for my BX2680 I picked up last fall. A 4 ft BB seems to be norm for the BX and there are many options out there in that size. My question is with regard to adding wheel spacers. The outside of the rear tires stock is about 44". If I add 2" rear wheel spaces, that increases to 48". Not sure if a 4 ft BB with a 4 ft. wide rear tire track could be any issue since there would be no overlap.

There are a few 54" BBs out there, but the only ones I could find are two Land Pride models (BB0554 & BB1254) and to EA models (Land Shark 2.1 and 5.0 models). They all show in the 300 lb +/- range, so under the 375 lb max for a BB from Kubota for the BX2680.

I've got no issue going with a 54" if I need to, but if a 48" would work, I'd have a few more options and likely could pick up one used.

Also, any opinions on some of the other brands such as LMC, Sundown, Tar River?
Thanks for the help.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My box blade is my favorite implement behind my BX.

You definitely want to cover your tire tracks.

If you put spacers on, go to 54”. If not 48” is fine.

I would not recommend a 60” behind a BX.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I run a 60" box blade with no issue on my BX! Whats another 3 or 6 inches on each side??? Of course your soil has a lot to do with how ground engaging equipment works!

Mine is a LP BB1260 around 350 lbs. I can drag it full of gravel if you need more traction put some weight in the FEL!
The BB is a great tool! I regraded my 1 acre lot with it. I took nearly a foot of material from one side of my lot and redistributed it where needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TRUCK3

May 5, 2022
Upstate NY
Thanks for the replies. I have seen some you-tube videos with BXs pulling 60" BBs, seems to do ok on flat ground in the videos. I'll probably stick with a 54" since I'll leave the BB on for ballast when doing FEL work and that will help getting into tight spots over a 60".

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I got a used 48" King Kutter. It works well for my use. Use it for my gravl drive maintenance, driveway expansion, cutting in to a slope to level for my shed....along with a bunch of other things. Plus I use it as my ballast when doing FEL work. I have very hard dry clay, and the 48" works well for me.
IMG_6753.JPG

IMG_6787.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

TRUCK3

May 5, 2022
Upstate NY
Jeremy - thanks for the info and photos, do you run any rear spacers? Rear tires look to be sticking more than standard beyond the fenders, but it might be the photos. Your tire set up looks like where I'm heading - I have all turfs, the previous owner mostly used my BX for mowing. I'm going to run the turfs for a while, but may end of with ags, R-4s on the rear and leave the turfs on the front to take it easy on the lawn when turning.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Jeremy - thanks for the info and photos, do you run any rear spacers? Rear tires look to be sticking more than standard beyond the fenders, but it might be the photos. Your tire set up looks like where I'm heading - I have all turfs, the previous owner mostly used my BX for mowing. I'm going to run the turfs for a while, but may end of with ags, R-4s on the rear and leave the turfs on the front to take it easy on the lawn when turning.
No rear spacers. I have 2 sets of tires. 1 turf and 1 AG. I usually run AG when I am doing any kind of loader/box blade work, but my front ones need the valve stems replaced. It seems to do okay with the turfs on the front, but they get pretty much NO grip in any kind of muddy conditions.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
i have the 1250 for my 23s. its on the unit right now. IMO its the perfect size. doenst make the machine much wider than stock, so i can still fit into tight spaces. longest road i have done was 2.4km. i graded the entire thing with it. ive also done driveways, pool pads, grading with it.