Bout Time for Spring

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Got home from work today and walked the dog to the creek at the bottom of my property... hasn't frozen over like this as long as I've lived here, almost37 years. I envy you guys down south, I can't dig many holes in this crap.

Attachments

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
I agree, sick of the Cold. Nice stream, any fish in it ?
Yepper, brownies and brookies. The state used to stock it but about 15 years ago they stopped and declared it naturally reproducing, which it is. Takes a little more stealth to catch em though. The trout average 8" to 12". Creek is spring fed and really cold even in August but it takes a lot to freeze over.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The SOUTH just got rocked with snow they've never seen before. I dont think that four letter word is in their vocabulary LOL

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
I'm ready to be done with winter here too... :(

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Yepper, brownies and brookies. The state used to stock it but about 15 years ago they stopped and declared it naturally reproducing, which it is. Takes a little more stealth to catch em though. The trout average 8" to 12". Creek is spring fed and really cold even in August but it takes a lot to freeze over.
Nice! Brownies and Brooke's in your on you property, I'm jealous.

And yes I'm ready for spring too.

We have rainbows in one local lake around here, I caught one by accident and was hooked.

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
The first day of trout season, which is the Saturday closest to the 15th of April, is real big doins around here for as long as I can remember. I do breakfast outside on the fire ring: eggs, sausage, potatoes, and the fixings (trout if any are surrendered to me during cooking) and the eats just go uphill from there throughout the day. Wow, I'm really ready for spring.

Hey trouble, you're welcome to stop by anytime for some very fresh "fried brookies", we orange are kindred spirits.