Bought a grapple

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Auafahrt

Jun 28, 2018
Vermont
That’s a mean looking grapple! Curious to hear how it works for you.
You’ll like having a flail, as well as the extra weight back there. I have a LP root grapple on my B2650 and rarely leave the back of the tractor naked. There is no comparison in performance and stability when you put a few hundred pounds on the rear. I also have loaded tires, and can’t imagine trying to do anything beyond mowing without more weight...

too bad you hadn’t received more input before buying the smaller mower! I’ve got a 62” WoodMaxx flail and rarely bog down enough to slow my speed. We’re talking waist-high grass that should have been cut for hay. Blackberries and other similar brush don’t even begin to slow it down. I’m very glad to have the extra width to speed up the other 97% of my mowing.
That's interesting. I'm committed to the 48" flail now but I'm glad to hear that you manage a larger one without issues. The grapple has been great so far and I have ordered a rock plate for it. As you and others have noted, I need some beef on the ass end of my tractor. I have lifted the rear wheel off the ground several times working rocks out of the ground.

The flail mower is at the freight terminal and I will pick it up tomorrow. Pics to follow.