Bottom of my bucket has no paint

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I've owned the BX23s since Mid August, with no real need to use the Box Blade...Yet.

Does the 1/4 inching valve also apply to the 23s/23 series in general?
Yes, to my knowledge all BX tractors lack position control in favor of the 1/4 inching valve.

I believe many/ most of the B series have position control.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Yes, to my knowledge all BX tractors lack position control in favor of the 1/4 inching valve.

I believe many/ most of the B series have position control.
Thanks. I'll have to mess around with it.

On my previous JD Garden Tractor, that didn't have it either, and I did use the BB fairly often. So I probably won't miss the feature, but it would sure be nice if these SC tractors had it.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thanks. I'll have to mess around with it.

On my previous JD Garden Tractor, that didn't have it either, and I did use the BB fairly often. So I probably won't miss the feature, but it would sure be nice if these SC tractors had it.
1/4 inching feature is far from ideal.

I’ve gotten accustomed to it over 10 years.

Using my box blade, I got the base of a paver patio very close to final grade several years ago. That’s requires some pretty close tolerances.

Reactions: 1 user

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
1/4 inching feature is far from ideal.

I’ve gotten accustomed to it over 10 years.

Using my box blade, I got the base of a paver patio very close to final grade several years ago. That’s requires some pretty close tolerances.
Yes it certainly does and to demonstrate how difficult it is while using the type equipment you were using. I happened to be at the future site of a friend's new home when the piece of equipment to be used for dirt work was delivered. The veteran owner-operator had just finished scrapping pad and ripping up random areas to look like scattered garden spots with a dozer. He began moving soil with front bucket and distributing with box on rear from plowed to unplowed areas. When he took a break and came to visit with property owner I commented on how effortless he made it appear. He laughed and said he paid the price of a new pickup truck for the optional satellite system to enable making grade like it needed to be. If a grizzled veteran needs a satellite system to grade lots that means one doing it with a compact tractor is genius and deserves to be recognized. So wtg RCW 🥇