Boot/adapter for Kubota Mower Decks

Oct 24, 2019
IN
I just ordered my first tractor yesterday (wahoo!), a BX 23S. I'm also buying a DR lawn vacuum which requires an 8" hose connection to the discharge of the mower deck. DR sells a deck adapter for $130 shipped that you have to carve to shape for your deck, but I called my dealer and he he thought Kubota has a boot with an 8" hose attachment. I'm still waiting for him to get back to me.

I can't find any such part number, or photos of that part online. Is anyone familiar with this part? I'm getting a 54" deck, if that matters.

Thanks!

Oct 24, 2019
IN
After some more searching, I think I've answered my own question. I found the exploded parts view of Kubota's grass catcher, and it shows the deck boot in the drawing as Part No. 70050-04155 (for a 54" deck. For a 60" deck, the part is 70050-04153). There seem to be some peripheral parts for attaching the boot as well.

I'd still be interested in any photo/video of this attachment so I can see how it is put together.

chuck99z28

Premium Member

Equipment
BX23s
Aug 13, 2019
Virginia
I'm using the Cyclone Rake version with a BX23s.

Their boot needed the opening cut. I used a jigsaw. I mounted it, then used a marker to draw the part to cut. It was easy, if you have a jigsaw.

I guess DRs might be the same way.

Just.a.hobby

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2018
Central NJ
chimpywrench,

The Kubota parts system is garbage (straight from my dealer's parts guys and my personal experience), so be very careful when ordering. For the whole boot kit, you have to go through sales ("whole goods", versus "parts" counter). Tell them what tractor and exactly what mower deck model you have...make getting the correct parts their responsibility.

For example, I just finished installing the BX3027 boot kit for my RCK60B-23BX 60 inch deck. If you had the 60 inch deck you'd order the same one. But, Messick's (as one example) lists the kit part as V50000 for me and V50200 for what I expect if your deck. The whole system is beyond frustrating; sometimes infuriating. If you want to try your luck, you could try asking your parts guy to order everything but the hose if you don't need it and see if you save money. Going by Messick's prices of over $500 for just the plastic boot you won't, but my dealer's prices weren't that high...but maybe those are MSRPs?

For reference, I paid $273 for my complete boot kit, even though I didn't need the hose. The kit hose is about 36 inches and is not in the picture below, the black hose came with my TKV20 material collector. I also needed to carve off some of the boot bits and bend the front bracket (not really visible in the up close photo below), eventually I got it to the point where on-off was doable in less than 10 seconds.

I'll try to find time and upload the Instruction Manual for the boot kit tonight, which covers all three mower decks/ boot kits, but it doesn't list the relevant kit numbers for each deck model.

Attachments

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I'm using the Cyclone Rake version with a BX23s.

Their boot needed the opening cut. I used a jigsaw. I mounted it, then used a marker to draw the part to cut. It was easy, if you have a jigsaw.

I guess DRs might be the same way.
I did the same when adapting my Cyclone Rake to my BX 54" deck a couple years ago!

I'll try to get a closer pic tomorrow for the OP

Oct 24, 2019
IN
Thanks for the help guys! DR's universal boot was going to be $130 shipped, and I figured was never going to be the best fitting solution. When I learned that Kubota had an 8" boot, I told DR to cancel the boot item from my order.
...then my Kubota dealer told me the boot kit would be $300 - a bit steep!
There must be some confusion here though, isn't this the list of parts for the boot kit: https://www.messicks.com/ku/84782?sectionId=216517&diagramId=335578
Looks like $114 for the boot and some change here and there for other parts. What bugs me is that everything is either not stocked or says "call".
My inclination was to stick the responsibility to my dealer - afterall I just wrote him a $20k check and don't have a tractor yet. Figured he'd be anxious to settle this for me. However, he seems to be confused about the parts ordering system himself.

Just.a.hobby

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2018
Central NJ
chimpywrench,

That Messick's link you posted is for the GCK60-BX deck, not the RCK54-23BX, which I believe you have. In theory the plastic boot part may be exactly the same, but my guess is likely not. The worst part of the Kubota parts system (at least via the web that we plebes can access) is that one cannot search by part number to find something and other parts/ assemblies related to it. Absolutely bonkers.

As for the kit price, the weldments and pins will save an hour or so of fitting up a generic boot, and the Kubota boot has 2 metal pieces molded into the plastic boot for the pins...don't know if other manufacturers of generic boots have such a setup. It sounds as though you ordered the Kubota kit, so it's the dealer's responsibility now! :)

You probably don't need it, but here's the boot kit instruction manual:

Kubota Instruction Manual Boot Kit for Mower Decks RCK60B-23BX [BX3027] RCK54-23BX [ ] RCK48-18BX [ ]__300dpi.pdf

When you get your invoice, list your mower deck model and the kit number sales ordered to others can find more results quicker to take to their dealers as a starting point.

Attachments

Oct 24, 2019
IN
The kit I posted has 54" and 60 in the title. I think Messick's website is in error. The kit list shows the boot for the 54" deck: 70050-04155

My previous post may have been unclear. I haven't ordered anything yet. Still trying to pin the job on my dealer. If he doesn't move tomorrow then I'll do it myself. Is Messick's the best source to work from? Is there someplace faster? Hoping to get everything in time for leaf pickup this year.

Just.a.hobby

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2018
Central NJ
The kit I posted has 54" and 60 in the title. I think Messick's website is in error. The kit list shows the boot for the 54" deck: 70050-04155
Yeah, I saw that, too. From what my parts guy said, the "700" numbers are old(er). Per the instructions, the current(?) number for you boot should be K6056-3003-0. But who knows.

My previous post may have been unclear. I haven't ordered anything yet. Still trying to pin the job on my dealer. If he doesn't move tomorrow then I'll do it myself. Is Messick's the best source to work from? Is there someplace faster? Hoping to get everything in time for leaf pickup this year.
Gotcha, I may have misread, then. I've only ordered from my dealer so far, but then I've only had my equipment since July. Messick's gets a lot of screen time and eyeballs on youtube for their good video channel and having an "open" parts system (or really good google results promoting!). I try to price compare just to keep things realistic and do/will go with my dealer if only 10-20% more...but they've generally been really close to "online" pricing.

A lot of non-regular consumables seem to have a bit of lead time... a couple days to a week or so. This is another reason why when not even the sales or parts guys know what one actually needs is a killer...they have to wait a couple more days to get an answer back from Kubota US corporate (or whomever).

Oct 24, 2019
IN
I met with my dealer today (actually we ended changing/adding a few things to my tractor purchase since they don't even have the machine yet). He seemed convinced that he had the right boot kit with all the parts for $250 and he could have it within a couple days, and he could wrap it into my tractor purchase (I ended up switching from a cash purchase to financing, then adding a bunch of stuff). So I'm hoping that it works. If it looks right, I'll post back here whatever part number he used.

Heh, a couple days from now I might have a boot and no tractor yet.

redtnsv

Equipment
BX2380
May 11, 2021
MI
I met with my dealer today (actually we ended changing/adding a few things to my tractor purchase since they don't even have the machine yet). He seemed convinced that he had the right boot kit with all the parts for $250 and he could have it within a couple days, and he could wrap it into my tractor purchase (I ended up switching from a cash purchase to financing, then adding a bunch of stuff). So I'm hoping that it works. If it looks right, I'll post back here whatever part number he used.

Heh, a couple days from now I might have a boot and no tractor yet.
Long chance but did you ever get a resolution to this? I received a DR leaf vacuum from a family member but need a boot for my 2380.

hotairfull

Equipment
BX 2380
Sep 7, 2021
Just tried ordering the boot adapter for my BX2380 and two different dealers said they discontinued them and do not have a replacement. Has anyone heard differently?

redtnsv

Equipment
BX2380
May 11, 2021
MI
Just tried ordering the boot adapter for my BX2380 and two different dealers said they discontinued them and do not have a replacement. Has anyone heard differently?
Way to late but I ordered one from cyclone rake and cut it. Works great