Bob's Grab Hooks

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
I order a two set of plates and grab hooks from Ken's Bolt On Hooks, they arrived in no time, and the individual prices were good!

Instead of the traditional two bolts as shown above, I opted for (4) Grade 8 3/8-16 per plate.

I drilled the plates then welded the hooks in place. I was pretty pleased with my welding results and got excellent heat penetration. I was using .030 wire so I gave it 2 passes to ensure strength. I cleaned them up using a wire wheel then sanded the assemblies thoroughly before priming and painting.

While the bolts I used are clearly overkill it helps my little Kubota BX25D feel like one of the big boy's....

I haven't decided whether or not I'll add provisions for shackles inside the bucket but I can add them any time.....

Last edited:

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
As I told you on TBN Bob, that's a great job!

I am curious where your going to mount them and be able to clear the lip on the bucket? Lookin forward to some pics.
Hi Ken,

Spacers

I machined up 2 aluminum spacer blocks, drilled 4 clearance holes then painted them to match. Once I get the bucket drilled and the assemblies mounted I'll take some photos and post them here and over on TBN...

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
Today was a gorgeous day to do just about anything outdoors so I thought I'd install a set of grab hooks on my Kubota-BX25D. I think they came out great and I'm pretty sure those bolts will hold! :D

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Looks good!!
But ..... you might want to consider a piece of heavy flat bar or rectangular tube in place of those nice spacers. Where you have the hooks mounted, there is a chance of bending the top of the bucket if you lift something heavy.

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
Looks good!!
But ..... you might want to consider a piece of heavy flat bar or rectangular tube in place of those nice spacers. Where you have the hooks mounted, there is a chance of bending the top of the bucket if you lift something heavy.
Good to know! :)