BH92 low power/force

koriley

Equipment
L4701 with LA765 FE Loader and BH92 Backhoe
Sep 23, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
I have a new L4701 with F/E Loader and BH92 (8 hours on entire unit). Tractor seems to have plenty of engine power and the backhoe has full motion, but (the backhoe) seems to have little power or force; as in low hydraulic pressure. Loader came installed from dealer.

Probably not related, but as I drove the tractor down the road this past week with the F/E Loader and B/H up, the tractor slowed down very quickly while in third gear with full cruise. I stopped, got off, checked everything, couldn't find anything obviously wrong, then turned unit back off/on several times. The front two tires were locked up completely and wouldn't go forward or back. After it sat for awhile (20-30 minutes) I restarted and it ran fine.

Tractor is under warranty as it's only 2 months old - would be nice if the Backhoe problem was any easy fix. Looking for ideas/suggestions.

Thanks, Kelly

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would call your dealer and have them come out and "pick" it up.

No sense in you fighting this issue - you might have something simple ( I think it not simple) but you should not have to worry about it.

If the dealer is .........not responsive ......help him be !:D:)

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
The front tires locking up is a serious issue you should have them look into ASAP. The gears could be shimmed incorrectly or something else that causes the binding that you describe. You don't want to cause more issues down the road once its out of warranty.

For the BH, Kubota is notorious for setting the hydraulics at the low side of the operating zone which makes the loader and BH work pretty poorly. I made my own pressure gauge from a $20 3000psi hyd gauge from napa and a short hose and then plumbed that into my quick disconnects for my loader to ensure its at the proper PSI. Usually the pressure is several hundred psi or more away from the "max" rated psi. You would be amazed what a few hundred psi changes with operation. My B9200 went from barely lifting ~600-700lbs to being able to lift well over 1000 with a simple adjustment of the relief, which is still in the safe zone as far as hoses and valves are rated (under 2000psi).