BH77 frame extension

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
I have a b2650 open station with BH swivel seat…. See ad to sell frame extension and fixed seat as needed on cabbed tractors…
Are there any issues with extra torque or twisting in frame by kicking backhoe further away from tractor?
Besides making the overall length of tractor longer, any other user issues
Thanks

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I’ve got a B2650HSDC, so because of the cab my BH77 sits further back because of the extra extension to allow the seat on the outside of the tractor. There has never been a problem that I am aware of because of the extra length. The only thing that comes to mind with the extra length is the approach angle would be different if you were trailering the entire rig. I am assuming that the subframe for the cabbed tractor is the same as an open station. If not, there may be issues that I’m not aware of. Check with your dealer to see if the same subframes are used for both.

If I’m not mistaken, I think there have been others on the forum that have put the extension on an open station to keep the original non swivel seat as well as having the stationary seat on the extension. I think they wanted the better seat to use daily, and not have to swivel around each time.

Reactions: 1 user

Waterlog

Equipment
B2610
Oct 8, 2023
I have the b2650 w cab and am looking to add the bh77 what issues arise as far as throttle control and movement forward when on the bh seat ty

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I just have the throttle at 1900 RPMs and use the BH to move the tractor.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I can't see any issues other than mentioned above regarding approach angle.

However, I looked into getting the extensions myself several years back. That extra bracket extension kit (parts) was about $900 at the time. Add a seat, hardware and new short control sticks and I'd bet that you're easily into the $1,500 plus range.