BH77 effective on L2501 in rocky areas?

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
I got my tractor from Zimmerman Kubota in Fort Worth. My salesman was Clay McGilvery (sp?). Nice guy.

txnbygod

Equipment
L4701
Nov 6, 2016
Burnet Texas
I've shopped around to one other dealer.
@$1700 less

Ive haggled cars before. I'm not shy

Any suggestions on approaching my first and closest dealer with the competitor's offer?

I do understand dealer support and this closer dealer will prolly need to be my warranty provider. I just don't want to be at the bottom of their priority list when I need them.

Do I try to get them to lower their price to match the competitor?
Or compromise a couple hundred dollars to keep good relations with them?

Thoughts?

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
I used the Internet and found good deals and emailed them to my dealer and asked if they could beat it. They did and I also beat the original deal they gave me. For me it was a one time purchase and I had no problems spending a weekend driving to pick up a tractor if I could save money. What else can I do on a weekend to save $500, $1000, $1500, ....? It worked out that my local dealer had no problem meeting other deals from other dealers.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I have the 3301. And after looking at the stories and all the information I could, I killed the idea of a backhoe for it.
8k for one. You can catch a used backhoe like a 580 Case for near that a lot of times. A dedicated backhoe will have more weight, power, and performance than a backhoe on our tractors. And then resale for near purchase price. I'm torn now because of wanting a mini ex instead of a backhoe.

From most accounts, it's a bit of a PITA to take the backhoe off and on our tractors. So that would discourage using the three point which with a harbor freight quick hitch I swap implements and trailer/carryall/ move the boat around multiple times daily.
The SSQA is worth every penny if you have something to swap the bucket with. I use a tooth bar on my bucket and have the EA wicked grapple. It's a less than one minute job to swap those back and forth.

The dealer will deal, another dealer will deliver to your door and sign papers at your table. I like my hometown dealer and I used the reasoning that I would be using them in the future if we made a comparable deal. I had to get up and leave. They called me two days later and delivered it for my price.
I since have bought a Stihl chainsaw, weed eater combi, and all my service items from them. Just because of loyalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txnbygod

Equipment
L4701
Nov 6, 2016
Burnet Texas
Hey Lenny

I am now understanding what you mean about the bh on the L series; cost and real effectiveness. Renting a unit for my short term goals may be the better way to go for now

Ssqa for sure
Medium duty cutter since my property is still in pretty raw shape

I've been thinking 3901
...but now wondering about the 4701
It's busts my budget, but I only plan on buying one tractor. Stump bucket work is on my priority list and I'm thinking the bigger fel might be worth it

txnbygod

Equipment
L4701
Nov 6, 2016
Burnet Texas
Ty, guys. I appreciate all the insight and info.

I ordered a L4701 fel
Med duty shredder
Box blade

The pahrana blade and stump bucket will have to wait for a little while. I just could not pass up the extra weight and horsepower

I was going to have the dealer put sealant to the tires, but think I will substitute a ballast box instead