BH Dolly

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
I have been reading all the great ideas and even bought all the metal and casters. Then the other day I had to hook up an auger quickly and the barn was a mess. I did not have the room to unload like usual. As I was pushing things aside with the back hoe as I was also feeling lazy I uncovered a couple Harbor Freight wheel dollies!!!

I thought if it will hold up 2500 pounds on my truck what would be wrong with a 750 pound BH? One went under the platform and the other under the bucket. Used hydraulics like always and before I knew it I was done. Solid, stable and very easy to push around. Less than $50 on sale only used a few time in the garage but now I am set with the BH. The metal will now make new ramps for the trailer.

Sometimes simple is the best.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Sometimes simple is the best

KISS.... keep it simple stupid

Yup, a couple Dolly's, maybe a couple pieces of 2x4 to keep them aligned and in place, with s few screws.

Easy and done

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
So here it is. I was going to make braces and tie the two together but in a rush I just dropped thee BH on the dollies and it is amazingly stable. I can push forward and back as well as side to side without it wobbling.

BTW KISS here is Keep It Simple Senior as at my age stupid does not work.

Attachments

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
BTW KISS here is Keep It Simple Senior as at my age stupid does not work.

Haha, unfortunately I still end up doing some stupid stuff! Mostly involving starting huge projects by myself.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
IMG_6204.jpg

If anyone is in a building mood this weekend, here's the HF dolly sale add $9.00 each. I might pick up a couple spares as I use them for other things too.
This is the smaller dolly

Last edited:

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
IMG_6209.jpg

Here is the add for the larger frame dolly.
They are rated at the same weight, just different wheel bases