Best Tool For 11 acres of maintenance and improvements

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I frequently see tractors on the market with super low hours and wonder why it was purchased in the first place.
I sold an MX6000 open station with a little over 100 hours on it, but only because I'd bought an MX6000 cab model to replace it. There are myriad reasons why there are low hour tractors for sale. I've sold two tractors but only to upgrade.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
An LX to an MX will work, except the finish mowing of a lawn. That should probably be done with a dedicated machine or if this new tractor needs to do it, a MMM. Which means a mid PTO putting you in the LX and Grand L territory.
The Grand-L has a mid-PTO, but I believe does not have a MMM available (any more). I believe the mid-PTO is mainly for snow blowers, front brooms and the like.

In that size category and larger a RFM seems to be the option, and it does let you go a lot wider, and to also get something that will contour follow well. I'd imagine a MMM on a Grand-L would be 80 inches or more, that could scalp pretty badly if your lawn isn't a bowling green.

Reactions: 1 user

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
The Grand-L has a mid-PTO, but I believe does not have a MMM available (any more). I believe the mid-PTO is mainly for snow blowers, front brooms and the like.

In that size category and larger a RFM seems to be the option, and it does let you go a lot wider, and to also get something that will contour follow well. I'd imagine a MMM on a Grand-L would be 80 inches or more, that could scalp pretty badly if your lawn isn't a bowling green.
I didn’t realize Big K wasn’t doing a MMM on the Grand L any more. Well, I think the OP realizes he’s going to end up needing a dedicated machine for that 6 acre lawn. A big zero turn might be the ticket.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
A big zero turn might be the ticket.
I still think an F is the machine if you need to mow a lot of grass fast, and you need a lot of manoeuvrability. The rear steer means you can push the deck under and near whatever you want.