best rpm range for B7800 kubota hydrostatic ?

Jim Cafarelli

Equipment
B7800
Aug 29, 2010
Southern Cal
Is there an ideal rpm,I tend to run my a bit on the low side between 1800 and 2100,should I be running it higher or near red line for better flow for or cooling?IAs far as implements I run 4ft brush hog and have a box scraper,,
thanks jim

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
The tractor is designed to optimally run at the 2600 RPM line. This is not redline for the engine. The PTO is spinning at 540 RPM when the motor is at 2600 RPM's. A slower working RPM actually causes the tractor and your implement to work harder to do the same amount of work. Once you feel you have your tractor broken in, you should only do implement work at 2600 RPM. You can adjust down when you are doing loader/plow work, but you aren't saving any wear and tear on the machine.

Jim Cafarelli

Equipment
B7800
Aug 29, 2010
Southern Cal
I ran the brush hog today with the RPMs cranked up to 2600 and it worked like a champ, I was running it at around 1800 to 2000 before and it worked ok but the hydrostatic kind of moaned... Thanks much ,,jim

The tractor is designed to optimally run at the 2600 RPM line. This is not redline for the engine. The PTO is spinning at 540 RPM when the motor is at 2600 RPM's. A slower working RPM actually causes the tractor and your implement to work harder to do the same amount of work. Once you feel you have your tractor broken in, you should only do implement work at 2600 RPM. You can adjust down when you are doing loader/plow work, but you aren't saving any wear and tear on the machine.

magicheater

Equipment
B26, B7800, Auto Tach-N-Go
I concur mostly, PTO work is optimal at 2600 RPM's. There is occasion I use my tiller at less RPM's to achieve what I want. Loader/grapple work I tend to work at the lowest RPM that is effective. There is plenty of torque there at lower RPM's as well. I will shift down in range first more often than buck up the RPM's when doing loader work. It is a balance of range/gear selection, RPM's and anticipated results.