Best Place to buy diesel

yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
There are places around town to buy diesel fuel, from the gas station, to the truck stop down the road. I have been thinking about going down to the truck stop, figured they go through their supply a lot faster than the local mom and pop, so less likely that there will be water/contaminates in the fuel. The last 5 gallons I got seemed to cause the engine to smoke more on start up.
Any other suggestions or recommendations. Still sort of new at this orange stuff
:):)

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I buy off road diesel from a little place down the road here. Very rural area. It's .40 cheaper than on road.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Same here Blue,, about 50 cents cheaper and that tank does not sit very long, they sell a bunch of it everyday,, Last week I stopped in a guy was filing 2 55 gallon drums, he said that was cheaper than he could get it from his supplier,,, maybe 3.47 aint that bad a price after all

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When it comes to buying fuel the first thing to consider is the quanity you are going to buy. If you are talking about getting 5 or 10 gallons at a time I would say just get it from somewhere that sells diesel every day so you have less chance of getting trash or water. Normally I buy 600 -800 gallons at a time and have it delivered. FYI it can pay to talk to the delivery driver and maybe make a new friend. Even though the fuel has a set price from the supplier the driver still has some room to adjust the final price per gallon. My driver normally saves me an additional $.10 per gallon which is $60 - $80. Not much off the total but every bit helps.