Best grapple for the money for new L6060?

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Most of my use is rocks and boulders so I wanted something that's tough and durable. I've seen lots of damaged grapples from various manufacturers on YouTube ... but no EA models yet.
Within the last week someone was selling a bent Wicked Grapple on Facebook. Certainly still very usable and it was a good deal. No shade but they aren’t indestructible. Maybe it was from abuse or simply bad luck.

I am shocked that after some of my shenanigans that my (other brand) grapple is not bent or worse. 😬

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3800 Shutt Shift W/R4 Tires Loaded 4WD LA 524 Loader W/Quick Attach 66" Bucket
Within the last week someone was selling a bent Wicked Grapple on Facebook. Certainly still very usable and it was a good deal. No shade but they aren’t indestructible. Maybe it was from abuse or simply bad luck.

I am shocked that after some of my shenanigans that my (other brand) grapple is not bent or worse. 😬

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3800 Shutt Shift W/R4 Tires Loaded 4WD LA 524 Loader W/Quick Attach 66" Bucket
Yea any piece of equipment can be damaged. Buy to small an implement for the size of the tractor trying to save money. Or trying to lift to large a load, or putting torsional stress where it does not belong all can do that.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Tractor time with Tim has a video that shows that you can pick up multiple more objects with a long bottom grapple as opposed to a short bottom grapple. I'm sure there will be someone to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about. I took a quick look and did not find that video. I think it was something about helping a neighbor clean up his wood yard. Just watch the video & you'll see what I mean.
Hard to argue with that. Shorter lower tines make the grapple stronger but reduce the ability to pick up loose material if pushing into it. I rotate the grapple forward and grab the load from above like a clam shell bucket. It works quite well for boulders, logs etc., but the Wicked grapples certainly aren't optimized for brush and such. I don't have any need to move brush so the Wicked works for me.

Reactions: 1 user

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Hard to argue with that. Shorter lower tines make the grapple stronger but reduce the ability to pick up loose material if pushing into it. I rotate the grapple forward and grab the load from above like a clam shell bucket. It works quite well for boulders, logs etc., but the Wicked grapples certainly aren't optimized for brush and such. I don't have any need to move brush so the Wicked works for me.
Interesting. I use mine on brush quite frequently. I move way more brush & trees that rocks & loges, actually seems like a lot of both. Hate to be without a grapple no matter which kind. I also rotate forward (not all the way , not more the3/4) with the front of the tines on the ground and push forward & then pic up the pile like a clam shell. I guess that shows that each of us can learn to use the equipment we have to the best of it's ability for our need. Good Job.