best 3-point quick hitch?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The 'sleeve' I lost was to adapt a special,custom built implement onto 3PH and as others have found out there's no such thing as a 'standard',even with 3PH....
Sadly a 'quick hitch' sold as 'CAT1', is usually only 'CAT1' on the tractor side,but really it should also be CAT1 on the implement side. It's not normal for a CAT1 tractor to use CAT2,CAT3 or CAT4 implements.

As for top links, I BOLT a top link onto each 3PH implement. Saves time and effort to readjust it to get implement operating just right.

Reactions: 1 user

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I think I have some older implements not compatible with quick hitch dimensions so perhaps the Pat’s system would be a good option. Do you need to get a longer top link to use the Pats system?
I maxed out the top link when hooked to the PTO winch and haven’t hooked it up to the box blade yet so don’t know how that will go.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I think I have some older implements not compatible with quick hitch dimensions so perhaps the Pat’s system would be a good option. Do you need to get a longer top link to use the Pats system?
I think it probably depends…on my B I did not have to change the top link out to use any of my implements with it (ballast box, carryall, tiller, chipper).

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Maybe someone will remember but there was a thread where instead of getting a longer top link; someone built out from his tractor's top link - out 4"

He used metal, mounted to 2 holes of the top link bracket and had a metal brace angled up from the lower hole to support the new top link mount (4" out from the tractor).

These are not the ones I'm thinking about but you get the idea....

Trev450r

Equipment
B2601, Z231KH, Woodland Mills WC68
Jun 17, 2021
Canada
I run Pat's on my B2601, the top link still works for everything I run on the 3PH.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
I use the LP QH10 but all of my 3pt are LP. I'm happy but as cheap as I can be if I had known HF had them that's what I would have bought.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I have a QH15 with movable top link. By default, it has pins and clips to hold the. bolts in place presumably to make them easier to move. However, it doesn't take that long to lose the pins. So like other people here, I switched them to grade 8 bolts. I did have to add bushings but that was a one time thing.

Frankly, the advice here to get an adjustable top link wasn't advice I should have followed. As one dealer mentioned, if the implement actually uses the QH standard, there is no reason for the top link to move. YMMV.

One more thing, you have to figure out the exact angle/support for the implement to allow the QH to easily hook up. Otherwise, you'll find you'll have to adjust the top link to change the angle of the QH to hookup or release since there will be binding. This has more to do with implements not always being perfectly perpendicular to the ground. For instance, a blade may need to be at an angle to work the best.

Reactions: 1 user