best 3-point quick hitch?

trackman23

Equipment
MX4800
Nov 22, 2023
NC
There seem to be quite a few options online for various 3-point quick attach adapters for cat 1 tractors. Is there a general consensus on which brand makes the best quality quick attach?

Thanks

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you have a tractor with CAT1 3PH and all CAT1 implements, buy the ONE QH that IS a CAT1CAT1 quick hitch ! Most seem to be CAT on the tractor side, and CAT2 or 3 on the implement side !! requiring you to buy adapters or conversion bushings to make your implements fit !
Those that need to use them will reply with what they like. I don't need them, can connect any implement to any of my tractors in seconds , no adjustments,just hookup and go to work.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Are your implement all new? Meaning, are they are all set up to be used with a quick attach hitch?

All of mine are cheap, used implements and nothing was "quick attach adapter" friendly. Made a few that fit but in the end, the quick attach adapters became just another implement that was attached and taken off as needed...

I use Pat's Quick Hitch, which works the best for me...

Reactions: 1 users

check 6

Equipment
BX 2680 FEL and pallet forks aerator ZD1211, RTV500
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
The Kubota quick hitch on my BX is excellent and low profile , however their configuration for the lower pin latches in many cases limits you to kubota/land pride implements . Example I had to get a kubota ballast box as my old one would not fit with the latching lever configuration on the quick hitch just info

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I’d recommend looking at some older threads on the site and maybe watch some YouTube videos. (Tractor Mike has helpful videos) To me I think it depends on how many implements you plan to use and whether they have the 3pt locations that match the QH you buy. If you have implements with different pin location spread than what the QH has then either have take it off or add longer pins or modify it…I have both a QH and a Pats, and I prefer Pats because it it adaptable to different width of lower pin spread dimension. If willing to modify lower link arms, if you look through some of the older threads you may see some snap attach or euro attach and I wish I had been aware of those option before i bought with a QH or a Pats. I hope this helps. Merry Christmas. 🥃

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I like the telescoping lift arms on my tractor. Makes attaching implements easy. No quick hitch needed.

Reactions: 1 user

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Speeco and landpride are good brands. BUT, make sure you get the newer versions, that are true cat 1 and not one that needs adapter bushings for all the implements. The bushings are very pricey.

I bought a cheap one, "red rock" that needed bushings, 267 tax in. But I bent some 1/4 x 1 flat bar into u's and welded them in. So now I don't need bushings.

Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
My QH is an old model JD Cat1 Limited/Cat1, no adjustable top hook. It was intended for use with Cat0/Cat1 attachments and has the bigger bottom "U". It requires the bushings.

Back in the beginning I didn't have a welder to modify the "U", so the bushings made sense. Found here and there, I've collected all I need but one set, for a recent weight pack build.

At this point, my modifying the "U" to be the standardized Cat1 isn't necessary. Although I've since added a welder back into my tool arsenal, so I may modify my QH.

All my attachments were found in the "Used" market.

Last edited:

North Texas Rich

Equipment
L2501
Sep 11, 2022
Near Dallas
Speeco and landpride are good brands. BUT, make sure you get the newer versions, that are true cat 1 and not one that needs adapter bushings for all the implements. The bushings are very pricey.

I bought a cheap one, "red rock" that needed bushings, 267 tax in. But I bent some 1/4 x 1 flat bar into u's and welded them in. So now I don't need bushings.
I want to get bushings for all of my implements instead of moving the pair I have. What are the good ones?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I want to get bushings for all of my implements instead of moving the pair I have. What are the good ones?
All they are, are fillers, the pins carry the load.

Buy the cheapest you can find.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I bought a used one from Harbor freight . I replaced the top hook with one from Amazon & bought a handfull of cat 2 to cat 1 reducing bushings from Tractor supply . Works fine on my 3301 .
animals45

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

I understand that you don’t like bushings, but they aren’t very pricey. TSC sells them for $4.49

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you do have to use bushings, 'glue' them onto your implements, use urethane or buy 2 more sets and fasten them to your tractor.
I lost a 'sleeve' somehow, didn't see it disappear, have NO idea where it is, cost me $50 to get another...

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID

Excellent point. I did the reverse as my attachments already had the larger bottom pin bushings on them. Got the older QH model and haven't looked back. BTW, I had to go with some bushings on the bottom as the 3-pt is Cat 2 on the bottom, Cat 1 on top. My hydraulic top link has a Cat1/2 pivoting head. The Landpride is good as I have several non compatible dimension attachments. I need to pull the top hook pins, turn the hook upside down, and then pin it to get things to work (PTO Generator). If you have this situation, consider easily adjustable top hooks.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Even with telescoping lift arms I picked up a set of Pat’s QH for cheap and find them very useful and in conjunction with the telescoping arms make hook ups and removals even more of a snap.

trackman23

Equipment
MX4800
Nov 22, 2023
NC
I think I have some older implements not compatible with quick hitch dimensions so perhaps the Pat’s system would be a good option. Do you need to get a longer top link to use the Pats system?

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Do you need to get a longer top link to use the Pats system?
Sometimes, yes, you could use a long top link... depending on what you hook up. In my case, about the same time that I got Pat's, I was adding a hydraulic top link - so I sized mine to fit the longer top link.

Another thing to worry about are your PTO shafts... if they are not long enough, you'll need to address that, too. This is true if you use Pat's or any other quick hitch.

I accidentally bent my PTO shaft or the tractor side, so I just replace that tube with a longer section.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
If you do have to use bushings, 'glue' them onto your implements, use urethane or buy 2 more sets and fasten them to your tractor.
I lost a 'sleeve' somehow, didn't see it disappear, have NO idea where it is, cost me $50 to get another...
Are you talking about the same sleeve bushing that I posted from the TSC website selling for $4.49?

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I think I have some older implements not compatible with quick hitch dimensions so perhaps the Pat’s system would be a good option. Do you need to get a longer top link to use the Pats system?
I had Pat’s quick hitch on my previous tractor. I did have to buy a longer top link.