Berco Soft Cab for BX

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
Hi all, Just wanted to share some pics of my new Berco soft cab for BX25D. Here is a quick "out of the box" review, I will try to update later after some time of use.

Being a universal fit cab, I'm impressed with the quality of most the materials, ease of installation, and the fitment/sizing for my tractor.

The assortment of bracketry provided was great. The components were plastic dipped for longevity and with a little minor customization to a few of the brackets and frame rods, as well as some additional hardware that wasn't provided (me being picky), I was able to come up with a plan that worked well to mount the cab on my BX25D. The installation took about 4-6hrs over two nights, including a run to the store, and tweaks to customize for a better fit. I will grab some photos of what parts I used to mount it, and the tweaks I had to make.. My only concern at this point are the zippers, they could have been a little heavier duty, they seem a little light duty for the application of a tractor, but overall if careful, it should be fine.

These photos were after initial fit on night 1. I have since tweaked and finished attaching all straps, etc. for a nice snug fit.

Attachments

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
That should keep you warm on those winter nights clearing snow.

I had a heater cab on my last tractor (which consists of a windshield, side doors, and panels along the side of the engine to catch heat. With no roof or back panel, I was surprised how warm it would keep me.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Ill bet just keeping the wind and blowing snow off you will make a huge difference. Whats the price point on a soft top cab?

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
The soft cab was $650 installed option from dealer. I was lucky enough the dealer threw it in the deal free if I installed it;)

I wondered about two options for a little heat (aside from plumbing a proper heater into cooling system). As mentioned above, I seen old John Deere's would enclose part of the engine/hood area into the cab to get a little heat from engine..? Exhaust is out the front so this might work..
Secondly could you reverse radiator fan to blow heat into the cab instead of sucking air from rider position and blowing it out the front of the tractor? Not sure on this but might work..

Likely the best option would be to mount a proper tractor cab heater and plumb it in with shut off valves and remove it in the summer when cab is off. Even without heat, I think the cab will block enough wind to make it comfortable enough for the short time I will be blowing.

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
I would not try to reverse the fan. It would possibly pull carbon monoxide in from the exhaust and kill you.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You would need to get a sucker fan to replace the blower fan. If you decided to go with that option. Might want to price out a cheap electric heater, as well as plumbing one up. Some of those fans can be pretty pricey.

Some people think that turning the fan around will change the direction of the air flow. That is not the case. Fan will still move air the same direction, just at a reduced volume ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
The soft cab was $650 installed option from dealer. I was lucky enough the dealer threw it in the deal free if I installed it;)

I wondered about two options for a little heat (aside from plumbing a proper heater into cooling system). As mentioned above, I seen old John Deere's would enclose part of the engine/hood area into the cab to get a little heat from engine..? Exhaust is out the front so this might work..
Secondly could you reverse radiator fan to blow heat into the cab instead of sucking air from rider position and blowing it out the front of the tractor? Not sure on this but might work..

Likely the best option would be to mount a proper tractor cab heater and plumb it in with shut off valves and remove it in the summer when cab is off. Even without heat, I think the cab will block enough wind to make it comfortable enough for the short time I will be blowing.

I have a soft cab on mine, Original Tractor Cab. It definately helps keep the snow and wind off! Glad I got it. As for the engine cooling fan, I was wondering what to do. So far, I have done nothing as it helps suck any moisture from my breathe away from frosting up the windows. I saw somewhere, someone had cut holes in the bottom of the battery tray area and covered up the screen on the inside so only outside air can be sucked into the engine compartment. Leaving no air movement in the cab. I think this would be a great idea if heat was installed. Even with the engine sucking the cab air, it still beats having snow and wind in your face. :)

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
I saw somewhere, someone had cut holes in the bottom of the battery tray area and covered up the screen on the inside so only outside air can be sucked into the engine compartment. Leaving no air movement in the cab. I think this would be a great idea if heat was installed. Even with the engine sucking the cab air, it still beats having snow and wind in your face. :)
I just removed the plastic covers under the battery tray completely (only 2 screws if I remember correctly) and blocked the screen from the inside with vinyl. It still manages to pull some air through the cab from the FEL control area which is perfect. You want a little air movement to remove moisture and ensure any exhaust gases don't stay in for long.