belly mower

tractor kid

Feb 23, 2014
south carolina
I checked out the local kubota dealer yesterday boy was he unfriendly. I don't think he liked the idea that I bought my used B3200 from an individual. Anyway I was pricing the belly mower to fit the B3200 and he gave me a price of $ 4,000.00. When I got up out of the floor I told him I would have to think about it. Does anybody know the price of this thing. Surely it don't cost that much. Who in the blank would pay that much for a belly mower. Thats crazy.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
I think mine was $2600 in 2012. That $4000 is way off base.:eek:
On build my Kubota: the 60" mmm is $2800 and the 72" is $3500, when included with the B3200.

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
It is really hard to fault a rear PTO finish mower. Hundreds of $$ less expensive, and way easier to get it off when you don't want it, or pick it up high for ballast or removing the blades for sharpening.

Last edited:

tractor kid

Feb 23, 2014
south carolina
Yes that's what I thought. If this dealer treats all his customers like this I find it hard to believe he is still in business. I get the impression if you don't buy your tractor from him you are on your on. When I left the store I was thinking I would never come back here. $ 2,800.00 is bad enough for a belly mower but it is way better than what he quoted. I would hate to know what he would have said for the 72". I thought about the pto finish mower to. The idea being for the belly mower is leave it on there most of the time. I didn't want to change the pto implements every time I get ready to mow the grass.

plumcrazy704406

Mar 11, 2014
toronto
4g's for a belly? That's a lot of beer!!

My local dealer made me take time off work to go visit them. I thought that was a really nice thing to do. :rolleyes: I wondered if they would pay me for it?

Oh, and they really didn't like my " Whats the trade in value if we decide we need a bigger tractor". But once pressed he thru a $$ value out but was he forced to. One thing is I try to know as much about my purchase as I can and sometimes it involves questions a sales person may not want to hear, but in sales it's better to be honest up front than selling for the sake of selling.

Anyway, my point is do your homework ahead and you will be AOK.

B2650 60" mmm quoted $2997.00

Good luck with your hunt for a belly.

Digger Dager

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M59 TLB, B3200 w/front snow blower, 3 @ ZD326 62" rear discharge mowers
The nice thing about the belly mower is that it has pins that lock it in the up position. Then the FEL or 3 pt can be used with no worries about dragging the mower.