Being silly

DThrash

Lifetime Member

Equipment
7030SU MX 4700
Sep 29, 2015
Eutaw AL
My wife said I was being silly and all I'm trying to do is teach that motorcycle how to do tricks.

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I had my nephew's dirt bike here for a summer. Didnt run quite right. Crankcase was loaded up and a few good runs with premium and sea foam really woke it up. His riding style didnt involve the powerband,so he had no clue that it was the best part of riding a 2 stroke.

Well i have a few acres and rent the farmland so ripping across the field was fun. A few catwalks up and down the driveway and i noticed something. T-shirt and running shoes and im almost 50. This is gonna hurt. So stopped bike and never got on it again. Quit while im still ahead.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes Sir, we dont bounce like we use to, and the road rash hurts a lot more too :D

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Can't believe I have reached the point in my life that I am going to post such things but........... NEVER throw a leg over the seat without a helmet, period. On the track, trail or in the backyard, protect your head. Looking back over 40+ years of riding, most of my ugliest wrecks have been on quickie/spur of the moment rides from or at home. Have had plenty of wrecks on the racetrack without a significant injury. Today's safety gear is light, comfortable and effective.

Your balance will be better with your feet on the pegs. It also puts you in a position to use the rear brake when that powerband hits a little harder than you thought it would. Also allows you to work through the gears when it all comes together. :D

Keep on riding! Safely, of course... ;)

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I only ride ATVs now but when I was younger I had bikes. Every time I got a new one my dad would run it into something without fail. He drove stick all his life but for some reason he just did not get along with a bike's clutch. Kinda wish he was here to run my ATVs into something, sure miss him.