Battery mower for cutting a tiny area?

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
If you had lead with that pic, I think everyone would have said 'string trimmer' ;) Beautiful place, enjoy it.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
If you had lead with that pic, I think everyone would have said 'string trimmer' ;) Beautiful place, enjoy it.
Probably so. BUT at the time I was thinking that if I had a small battery operated mower, I could cut all the area under the pergola more frequently, and maybe make it into real grass, rather than the short weeds we enjoy now. :)

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
LOL... I would rather keep it with the high stuff shown in the picture, than kill the wisteria starting to grow on the pergola, and have resulting brown strips of bare earth between the posts.

Nice try though...:LOL:
I have several battery chainsaws and trimmers. EGO or GreenWorks be ideal. Id say 56 volt EGO mower would make you happy.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have several battery chainsaws and trimmers. EGO or GreenWorks be ideal. Id say 56 volt EGO mower would make you happy.
Maybe so.

I can report though that I am happy with the Dewalt string trimmer. I used it the other day, a lot, and was amazed that it just kept trimming. I trimmed the small area I was concerned about, trimmed along the front of the house, and trimmed 120 feet or so at the road edge and some other stuff. Still had a bit of battery left.

I thought man that’s a lot of use from a 4 AH battery. Turns out I was using a cheap 8 AH battery I recently bought off eBay. Two delivered for roughly $30 each. Maybe I got more for my money than I expected With the cheap batteries.

Regardless, the trimmer is a winner for me.