Basic Tractor Data Chart

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I see a lot of posts from first time buyers about different model tractors, I have to admit that it is hard to stay aware of the current models as things are constantly changing. I invested an hour to try to make a rough data sheet for people who may find an overview useful. At this point this sheet is only ROPS models. The data produced by Kubota is not always consistant, there are differences between online tractor data and Kubota data. If any numbers are incorrect I'm sorry but please don't write to point out my errors.

There is a lot of similarities in the B, LX and L series 25 HP products.

Hope this is useful as a starting point:

Tractor Data 06242020.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

kkk

Banned

Equipment
rtv900 /u15 ex/WP 955/woodmizer LT15
Apr 10, 2020
OreGun, BLM
Tractordata.com

My go to site for the old school stuff.
Not sure when or how the newer stuff is updated.
For the most part it seems correct....but you will find little glitches here and there on some particular units

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Tractordata.com

My go to site for the old school stuff.
Not sure when or how the newer stuff is updated.
For the most part it seems correct....but you will find little glitches here and there on some particular units
KKK it’s my go to site as well. But I tend to go often and forget much data. It’s nice to see the data side by side as it clearly shows how the product lines relate. I’ll update a version for cab models at some point.
Hope it helps new kubota buyers understand the key product data.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I did something similar a while ago, fewer machines, some different data points.

And I see that the table doesn't render in the new forum. I'll have to fix that.
EDIT: looks like BBCode for tables isn't working in the forum. Changed to an image.

Last edited:

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I did something similar a while ago, fewer machines, some different data points.

And I see that the table doesn't render in the new forum. I'll have to fix that.
EDIT: looks like BBCode for tables isn't working in the forum. Changed to an image.
Paull- I see why people have a hard time selecting a smaller tractor as there are so many offerings and configurations, with many overlaps. As a new tractor buyer in this segment with so many attachment options I see why buyers ask for input as they are overwhelmed.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I like data and charts, but when it comes to tractors, nothing beats sitting in the seat and seeing how they feel in person. Many of the data points are very similar, but when you get on that tractor there is a lot of difference between models.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I like data and charts, but when it comes to tractors, nothing beats sitting in the seat and seeing how they feel in person. Many of the data points are very similar, but when you get on that tractor there is a lot of difference between models.
I agree, however it is nice to at least know what tractors you might want to set on to get started looking!

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
That is a great resource. What was the base file? Can you share it?
Base File is Excel, I wanted to update it with cab models but I'm happy to share when it is a little more complete.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I agree that the data doesn't tell the full story. That's why I also collated the usual differences people talk about between the machines, and reasons why you'd go one or other as well. Hardest is the B2650 (now LX2610) v's L2501. They overlap totally in capability, but quite different machines in weight and features - and sitting in them is definitely the answer for those two.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I agree that the data doesn't tell the full story. That's why I also collated the usual differences people talk about between the machines, and reasons why you'd go one or other as well. Hardest is the B2650 (now LX2610) v's L2501. They overlap totally in capability, but quite different machines in weight and features - and sitting in them is definitely the answer for those two.
PaulL - I think those tractors that you listed are the source of most discussion and things are even more mixed up as they are at very similar price points, it’s hard getting new users to understand capability, weight and other issues. Anyway I hope the chart at least shows key areas where models change but as you say sometimes you have to go see them and sit on them.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
I created a similar spreadsheet including the various models I was considering to buy. It's extremely useful because although you can find the info on one series at a time having it all in a comparison sheet is way better than trying to remember the differences. It takes some time to create the spreadsheet but very useful.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I created a similar spreadsheet including the various models I was considering to buy. It's extremely useful because although you can find the info on one series at a time having it all in a comparison sheet is way better than trying to remember the differences. It takes some time to create the spreadsheet but very useful.
Bruce, thanks for that comment I agree completely you end up looking up individual models but have no where to compare, then you keep going back to look up data when you see all models in a chart you can appreciate key changes and how models line up.