Ballast Box

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Total weight Box + Concrete + vise = 845lbs.

This is where I ordered from.

I paid $369.32 Delivered.
I knew it was a titan attachments box as soon as I saw it - it's the same one I have - only mine is red.
I got a deal though, I ordered a draw bar with suitcase weight attachment and received a ballast box instead. Back in Aug 2020 it was 145.98 with tax.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

UGADAWG1981

Equipment
L3901HST
May 3, 2016
Covington, Georgia
I just
Total weight Box + Concrete + vise = 845lbs.

This is where I ordered from.

I paid $369.32 Delivered.
Great modifications to the box to meet your needs. I just ordered the same ballast box from Titan Attachments. Previously I ordered the pallet forks attachment from them and was very happy with the quality. I shopped around and noticed that most ballast boxes weighed about 105 lbs, while Titan's box is listed as 132 lbs.
How much concrete was needed to fill the box?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Why use concrete when sand will work almost as well, and can be dumped out to use the box for other things, unlike concrete which is permanent? If you don't want to use sand, then find some used barbell weights and fill the box with them. I have about 600 pieces of 1-pound lead ingots in my ballast box, and there is a lot of room on top of them for other items. Since the price of used lead is so low today, many tire shops will sell you all their used weights for a few dollars. That is where I get my used lead to pour the ingots.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Great job on both ballast box and ballast "pipe".
I bought one for my little B2320 but I went another route.
I filled it with solid concrete half blocks.
Around 400# filled.
More than enough for my tractor.
And I can take them out if need be.
And mine came from Titan as well.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I just

Great modifications to the box to meet your needs. I just ordered the same ballast box from Titan Attachments. Previously I ordered the pallet forks attachment from them and was very happy with the quality. I shopped around and noticed that most ballast boxes weighed about 105 lbs, while Titan's box is listed as 132 lbs.
How much concrete was needed to fill the box?
He hasn't been on here for a while so I'll answer. It was around 9 bags.
Concrete averages 150 lb per cubic foot.
If you go that route don't forget to drill drainage holes at the bottom of the tubes you sink in for handles.

Reactions: 2 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The sentences refer to me being "ignorant".

I will break the tractor in half and go buy a new one.

This post is just to help other "idiots like me" who actually use(and abuse) the tools they purchase.

I’m a bit puzzled at the suggestion that a separate lever should be deisigned for the sole purpose of placing the FEL in “float”…. so that the operator might control the rate of lowering…. Because that capability Already Exists in the single joystick system. One doesn’t have to “snap” the joystick into ”float”…. One can lower the FEL slowly or at any desired speed….and THEN move it into “float” detent after the FEL is on the ground.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
80 or 50 pound bags?
80 pounders. They are technically 0.6 cubic feet but when I'm calculating for anything I just go with .5 per 80 lbs. For a box you could go 60 pound bags and make up the difference with a bag of cheap pea gravel. Or grab some random stones if you have that kind of land.