ballast box for L3800 with fel.

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Looking to add a ballast box for my L3800 with fel. Anyone know what they go for??.zI have about 500 lbs roofing lead sheathing so could use that as the ballast.Also2 50lb lead ingots. Frank

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Frank if you wasn't so far away I would come and take all that lead off your hands and you could then buy one,,,lol,, Really if you go through and look around in the site there are a ton's of different approaches to ballast boxes. First are your rears filled that makes up a lot of weight. Also if your handy with a welder again you aint got a problem.
And if your like me you can take a small 30 gallon drum punch a hole through it and put the right sized rod that will fit the 3 point lift arms, and a hunk of chain to the top link and then fill that baby with cement.
Cheap easy and really not to hard to get the kids involved all kids love playing in mud. Oh and welcome, and pictures my friend something you come up with could very easily be used by someone else

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Skeets, I'm in Louisiana so a drive down here would probably cost you more in gas than the lead is worth. Got it at the local scrap yard about 3 years ago. And have a 58 caliber front stuffer I'm way overdue in trying out. Frank

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Went on the k7ubota site and no matter what I did couldn't find one. And will call the dealer next week. No rush. Thanks all and have a Happy Thanksgiving. Frank

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
With all that 'lead' your hording Frank, I'm thinking 'HomeLand Security' is flying the drone around there waiting for that to be moved. One never knows 'what' one might use that for.....

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
With all that 'lead' your hording Frank, I'm thinking 'HomeLand Security' is flying the drone around there waiting for that to be moved. One never knows 'what' one might use that for.....

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
With all that 'lead' your hording Frank, I'm thinking 'Home Land Security' is flying the drone around there waiting for that to be moved. One never knows 'what' one might use that for.....

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
With all that 'lead' your hording Frank, I'm thinking 'Home Land Security' is flying the drone around there waiting for that to be moved. One never knows 'what' one might use that for.....

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine

Sid Post

Equipment
Kubota L4600F and B2601
Oct 12, 2013
Texas, Oklahoma
I'm basically in the same boat with a new tractor headed my way. Personally, I'm thinking about wheel weights and possibly some water in the rear tires. However, a 3-point platform for moving firewood and such is also a likely addition in the near future. With a good 3-point platform, you could easily load up the lead or put a bucket full of dirt in it to balance your tractor.

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
When I bought it a guy was unloading his pickup which was full of lead sheathing. So as they weighed it out and the guys were chucking it into the 4x4 containers I asked them to save the last batch they weighed. They were only too happy to do so. Turned out it was exactly 500 pounds. Since I had my truck right near the entrance just a short distance to load up.
And haven't seen any drones yet. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Frank