Bagger for BX2380

flynnglide

Nov 26, 2017
Lizton
Anybody running the Kubota bagger (gck60-26bx)? Any other options out there? Dr leaf vac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Bears

Feb 27, 2018
PA
Interested in the answers to this as well. Also interested in options on the kubota bagger

Reactions: 1 user

flynnglide

Nov 26, 2017
Lizton
Hey 2 bears. Check out the “Kubota bx’er network” on Facebook. I asked the same question there. Lots of variety of opinions. I like the idea of keeping it Kubota, but from the videos I’ve seen it looks like a pia to install/remove.

curiousj

Equipment
bx2370-1, FEL, 54" mmm
May 9, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
I use the GCK60-26bx on my bx2370 and like it a lot. I generally find I need to run it at 3100 rpm or more for sufficient airflow to carry the grass into the bags. The lower you run below 3000 rpm, the more you’ll be stopping to unclog the chute.
Even though I am well satisfied with the bagger, there are other setups out there you may want to consider. I checked my original purchase papers and the bagger was listed at north of $2K, so it’s a chunka change. For giggles I have looked at Cyclone Rakes as an option, and here’s a link that you can follow to see if they might be a viable alternative for you:

https://www.cyclonerake.com/

Guys I know who have a Cyclone rake swear by it, and their base price is in the same neighborhood as Kubota’s bagger. Chief advantage is that they hold a whole lot more than the bagger, by a factor of several (topping out at over 40 bushels), so you can make less trips to your leaf/compost pile and save time. The CR uses an auxiliary engine to create the airflow, rather than running off the tractor rear pto. CRs come in several capacities so, if you are thinking about a bagger, you will definitely want to scope out all your options. Haven’t done any research lately, but I suspect there are additional brands that will do an equivalent job to a CR and give you much greater capacity than a bagger.

2 Bears

Feb 27, 2018
PA
I like the Kubota grass catcher idea for the "i dont need to maintain a second engine" type logic.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
I like the Kubota grass catcher idea for the "i dont need to maintain a second engine" type logic.

My thought, as well. I have the Kubota bagger and am quite happy with the performance. The Cyclone unit most likely has more suction at the expense of additional noise & maintenance. Still, clippings and Fall maple leaves are easily handled by the Kubota unit.

As for mounting and removal.... I would not want to do it every week. It only takes 10-15 minutes but, not as convenient as it could be. Mine is only on for a short while in the Spring and then again for 4-6 weeks in the Fall. I would not want to fiddle with a separate motor that would only be used for 10 weeks a year. Not sure what your scenario is, though.

2 Bears

Feb 27, 2018
PA
I would be similar, i like bagging the yard but its not a deal breaker not to. The first couple mows after the spring weed and feed and pick up leaves in the fall.