Backhoe Subframe

Brendawg82

Equipment
KUBOTA L3410HST
Jan 20, 2016
Coalville
So I posted a few months back and have been doing some research as well as saving money for a backhoe for a L3410. Yes I admit a mini x would be better but financially a used backhoe attachment is what I'm after. Thanks to all the input I'm sold on the subframe mount as well as a pto hydraulic pump to run it. Does anyone have pictures of how their backhoe attaches to the frame? Is this a bolted connection? Also any thoughts on a pto pump size of resevoir etc? Any good sites to shop? I had a good suggestion to look at ebay for a subframe kit then modify it to fit the tractor and hoe. Any other ideas? Thanks again.

sodak

Dec 28, 2015
Sioux Falls
I am interested to know the answer to this, too. Stopped at my dealer the other day and they told me Kubota no longer sells the BH75 backhoe attachment. He advised me to look for a used one and subframe. I still don't understand if I need to buy a rear accessory hydraulic kit.

He apparently used to work at Kubota and advised against going with a Woods model. While fine for larger tractors, he said with my 30HP, it would be hard on the PTO.

KeithG

Equipment
2000 Kubota B2710, Woods BH75 backhoe, LandPride York Rake, B2783 Snow Blower
Jan 1, 2016
Rindge, NH
I have owned a Woods BH75 on my Kubota B2710 (27HP) now for 15 years and I have never had a problem with the PTO or the hydraulic pump on it. It is an awesome backhoe, I do not understand why they do not recommend it.

The original subframe that came with the backhoe was designed badly and it broke welds twice before Woods replaced the frame for free, I just had to pay the install price. I thought this was a good deal since I had been using it for over 5 years at the time.

I really like the BH75 and would recommend it for any tractor with 27-35HP. It mostly depends on the size of the tractor to make sure it can handle the backhoe. I also like the way the new subframe works with the backhoe and it is very easy to connect/disconnect.

Because of the way the backhoe can move the tractor while digging and moving dirt/rocks I would make sure the subframe is designed for your tractor and I would definitely NOT modify the frame to make it fit. Sometimes my backhoe lifts the entire tractor up and I would not want any part of that subframe to fail. My two cents.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I will agree I had a Woods bh7500 on a L3700SU and it was great. I sold it to buy a Kubota bh77. I would not one is better than the other today.

sodak

Dec 28, 2015
Sioux Falls
I will agree I had a Woods bh7500 on a L3700SU and it was great. I sold it to buy a Kubota bh77. I would not one is better than the other today.
Is it true that the woods come with their own hydraulic pump that connects to the PTO, and the Kubota needs a rear remote?

KeithG

Equipment
2000 Kubota B2710, Woods BH75 backhoe, LandPride York Rake, B2783 Snow Blower
Jan 1, 2016
Rindge, NH
Is it true that the woods come with their own hydraulic pump that connects to the PTO, and the Kubota needs a rear remote?
My BH7500 came with the hydraulic pump included... But that was 15 years ago...

Brendawg82

Equipment
KUBOTA L3410HST
Jan 20, 2016
Coalville
Does anyone have some pictures they could post of a subframe assembly and how it mounts to the tractor particularly an L series? I've been looking at all makes and am thinking of converting a vermeer backhoe.