Backhoe stabilizer legs noise

Ted1

Sep 14, 2017
Pa
Just got tractor with backhoe on it back from dealer for routine service. I noticed when I put the right side backhoe stabilizer down it makes a fairly loud noise like it is binding on something. It seems if I put the left side down first I don't get noise from the right side. Also, if the right side is put down very slowly there is minimal noise. Never noticed the noise before so I am trying to determine the cause. Backhoe itself seems to work ok. Wondering if when tractor was attached to the trailer by dealer if something got bent. Anyone else ever experience this? Thanks for your time. Also, is this something I should get fixed or be concerned about?

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Like a “squeak” noise? If it’s new lots of OTT members have had grease zerks that we’re either painted over or, in my case the passageway was plugged. If transmission oil was changed could be air in the cylinder.

You’ll have to post a video with sound. There’s lots of great Investigators/mechanics Here that will probably be able to diagnose just from the sound.

Pics and details help too. Model, hours, etc.

Ted1

Sep 14, 2017
Pa
Actually seems or sounds like something binding then letting loose. Tried it about 20 times after my post. Was everytime and then became intermittent. Wondering if it is something in the controller valves[?] that control the movement of the backhoe. Didnt do it before dealer took it for routine service but does now. Didnt change hydraulic fluid or filters according to the list. It is an L2501 with 150 hours and probably 15 to 20 hours of backhoe usage. 3 years old. Will try to post video this weekend. Thanks for the reply and interest.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Send the video to your service manager too. Let them know it wasn’t there before. Good luck.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Grease it and report back. Not just a couple pumps either. Make sure grease is flowing on the inside of the bosses.

Reactions: 1 user

Ted1

Sep 14, 2017
Pa
Grease it and report back. Not just a couple pumps either. Make sure grease is flowing on the inside of the bosses.
Dealer greased tractor and looks like fresh grease on zerks but will do it myself this weekend. Wonder if this would be covered by the current warranty if its something major?

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade, ZD1011
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
I don't think i would mess with it until I spoke with the dealer explaining that the noise wasn't there before he serviced it. Give them the chance to look it over first and see what they say before you go crazy. If they screwed something up, make them fix it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Sounds like a dry bushing pin to me, but what do I know... Bacxkhoe's and FEL's every 10 hours.