Backhoe Bucket Modification?

trapperjohns

Equipment
Kubota B7800/Woods BH70X backhoe/box blade/home made drive-in forks/toothbar
Sep 29, 2011
Whitefish, MT USA
Has anyone out there ever modified an older Woods model backhoe bucket for a newer hoe (BH7500 bucket to a BH70X)? Or something similar. I don't have the buckets to look at physically myself right now so any advice would help. Thanks.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I'm getting ready to go the other way. I have an old Kubota/Woods backhoe, and bought a B21 bucket that I need to modify. Maybe we should swap?

trapperjohns

Equipment
Kubota B7800/Woods BH70X backhoe/box blade/home made drive-in forks/toothbar
Sep 29, 2011
Whitefish, MT USA
I now have a 16" bucket on my BH70X and am happy. The only thing I would be looking for is a small bucket for trenching. Good ideas though, thanks for replying.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
My backhoe came with a tiny bucket, it's only 9-10" wide. I've done a ton of trenching with it. Unfortunately, most of my trenching has been 18-24" wide and ~30" deep, and that makes for a lot of scoops per foot of length. My ground is mostly clay, so it clogs pretty often. I've been watching Craig's List for a bigger bucket for a year and a half and finally found a good deal on an 18" bucket. I've got to cut the ears off and make new ones though to mount up to my dipper. I think with two buckets I'll be set up for productive work no matter the job now.