Let's do a Reset here, or at least a Pause. From your first pictures, I thought the damage to your valve was more extensive than what the last ones show.
• To answer your last question, yes a single, standalone valve could be installed. You wouldn't even have to remove the old section, but you'd end up with another control stick, which would be unhandy. You certainly don't want a solenoid valve here.
• I notice the hoses are disconnected from the swing sections. Any reason why?
• The damage I do see is that the other joystick isn't centered. Can you correct this and confirm that the two middle levers function correctly?
My thought is, if there is no damage to the existing valve, maybe we can do what you originally proposed, replace the solenoid section with a manual section. I'm attaching a link to my third function project below. It plus RaleighL35's project may help you understand things.
• I'm headed toward removing the existing section and replacing it with a manual section. I may be able to help you with a section leftover from my project; give me a couple of days.
• You'd have to modify the joystick linkage to be similar to the other joystick.
• You would have to shorten or, at least, lengthen the threads on the tie-rods to accommodate removing the spacer. This would also affect the mounting hole on that end. There appears to be a spacer, valve section, then end section in your setup. While you could theoretically leave the spacer, I'd remove it so that the linkage can mirror the other side.
• Hand-ness - I mentioned this earlier, maybe on another post. The section # you mentioned earlier is what RaleighL35 used on his thumb project; it is right-handed so the spool connection is on the bottom. Kubota mostly uses, and you need, a left-hand section. And, no, you can't just flip them around.
• Spool connection - The connection from the control lever to the valve spool is a clevis and tang arrangement. While it would work either way, our valves have the clevis end on the spool. The section I used on the third function had a tang on the spool. It's not a deal stopper, just be aware that you may encounter it.
• Working Port Reliefs - Port reliefs are used to prevent damage to the equipment from excessive external forces/loads that cause excessive pressure from the cylinder. Husco uses cartridges that screw into the valves. I see that your valve has a relief on top of the swing section, probably has another one on the bottom. None of the aftermarket valves I've seen have them.
RaleighL35 posted this thread about adding a section to the Husco backhoe valve to control a hydraulic thumb: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/2003-tlb-l35-bt900-backhoe-hydraulic-thumb.56902/ It started me thinking about doing the same thing to the loader valve to add a third...
www.orangetractortalks.com